Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sudden drop from 50 FPS to 6...  (Read 1256 times)

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Re: Sudden drop from 50 FPS to 6...
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 07:10:07 am »

As soon as I unleashed them, the FPS came right back buuuut I'm not sure how they ended up in there... can they dodge and end up through a door? Maybe a tackle sends them flying through it?

I've recently seen a post somewhere of sparring Dwarfs charging through a solid wall.
Soo... there's that.

//Edit:
Found it:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=34430.8715
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 07:13:20 am by Astrid »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 07:31:47 am »

On the birds thing, you should just delete the bird and bird_new.txt files from the RAWs so they aren't generated in the world.Until they're fixed again.
 Do this before gen though.

There's a lot more fliers.
Now you don't need to bother with the majority of them (don't need to touch creature_insect or creature_other), since those are vermin. Vermin has it's own movement teleport thingy and I doubt they can get stuck anywhere at all.

However, there's a few fliers in creature_next_underground, creature_subterranean, and some more spread over the various biomes.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

heritage727

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 01:31:22 pm »

If you don't find an in-game explanation, make sure your computer is well ventilated and the fan is clean. An overheating CPU will slow down, which can cause this symptom. When I was having inexplicable slowdowns, cleaning the fan assembly made a remarkable difference.
Pages: 1 [2]