Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Black Waters IC Thread - A tiny town called Graston  (Read 3489 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Black Waters IC Thread - A tiny town called Graston
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2014, 01:32:40 pm »

Talk to the Templar. Listen to rumours as well.

Ain't seen a templar like you before. There a lot of different sects 'n stuff like yours?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2014, 07:09:08 pm »

Julien Colvis Toussaint
Hulldun sits with his hands clasped in front of his face as you speak, he maintains the same neutral expression throughout the entire conversation but you notice him arch one eyebrow as you tell him you're willing to be tested before providing aid. Unclasping his hands Hulldun pushes himself up from the table, and walks around it to the door closest to him on the right, turning the handle he says,

"Alright then, they're on in here on the right. Do what you can to save them, but if they're going to die I ask you ease their passing as best you can, its probably quite a bit better than we could ever do in these parts. Once the job is done I'd like to hear your tale, perhaps it can provide some wisdom to an old man like me whose stuck in the ways of the past ..."

You nod, and head through the door into a crude barracks that has been dug out into the cliff face, the first thing you notice upon entering is the surprising warmth and sterile nature of the place. You find the two wounded men towards the back of the cave being looked after by a young blonde woman, though from the looks of it she can't do much more than dab the sweat from their brows, and change the bandages when needed. You give a short introduction with the woman, and come to find her name is Julia and she is the resident 'nurse' of the town though she says her knowledge is more in the area of common illnesses than intense trauma like this.

----
Surgery Roll: Man with Leg Wound (Heavy, TN: 7) vs 3d12 = 11, Success
----

You set to work on the man with the leg wound first due to Julia needing to go get the materials you need for the man whose face was extremely damaged in some fight or another you assume. By the time Julia gets back you're washing your hands, and the few tools you have access to of blood in a pail, you'd managed to stabilize the man's condition and stop the bleeding so now only time would tell if he could regain full control of the leg though ...

----
Surgery Roll: Man with severely wounded face (Critical, TN: 11) vs 3d12 + 2 (Julia's Help) = 11, Success
----

With the second man the process is a much longer one as you quickly find that some of his flesh has begun to fester, and had to be removed before you could set to stitching close open cuts. At first things seem to be going well, but as you finish the stitching of the lower portion of his face and move to his skull the wounds there prove hard to staunch, frowning you grab a leather covered wooden cylinder and order the man to bite down on it. Once he does you begin the grizzly process of cauterizing the wound shut which you manage to do thanks in part to Julia's help who turned out to be more competent than she first appeared. By the time your work is done several hours have passed, and you feel weary beyond belief, Julia leaves you alone with the men to watch over them while she goes to fetch Hulldun.

Perhaps now is the time to figure out the tale you wish to give him, and the price you wish to charge for saving these two though in the case of the later the scar from the surgery would haunt him forever ...

Dead Eye Zeke
"Howdy, uh, Francis.  I was lookin' to strike a business proposition, o' sorts.  I guess y'could consider me a bit of a gunsmith, y'see, and seeing as bullets're worth their weight in gold these days, I was thinkin' I could take yer scrap metal and powder, 'n make some rounds for ya, fer pay o' course.  Whadya say?"

As you ask the question Francis turns his head slightly, a strange sight indeed with that strange contraption on his head, and looks at you with a questioning glance for what feels like a few good minutes. Shaking his head slightly the man replies with a grin,

"Apparently you aren't aware of what Junkers are my friend, I'm not trying to brag but I can produce ammunition for weapons likely faster and in greater quantity than you could ever be able to. Its quite strange that someone doesn't know of the abilities junkers have, at least when it comes to weapons since most everyone these days does.

While I thank you for your offer it is a tad misplaced friend, of course I'd be more than willing to assist you in buying something or just chatting if your wish. Its not often we get such eccentric people as your group, I am Francis owner of this store and the Three Cogs shipyard here in town. What do you go by my friend?"

Longshot Luke
The man shakes his head, and says,

"No of course not, I am a reputable man and more than fair I simply wish for this spell of bad events to end, and you seem more than capable of doing so good sir."

((Note on the rest, I will do the remaining three actions tomorrow.)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2014, 09:09:20 pm »

"Ah.  Hm."
Zeke shakes his head and shrugs.
"Nah, I din't know ya could just hire a junker.  I guess ya could say I'm not... from around here."
He shrugs again, somewhat sheepishly.
"Don't have no money neither.  'S why I asked in th' first place.  Er... name's Zeke.  How's business?"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2014, 04:17:23 pm »

Kagus Ducklin
Fishin' Roll: TN 9 vs 5d8 = 6, Failure

You go looking for any opportunity for some fishing work that you can find, just like your attempts to be friendly with the dock goers this fails horribly and you end up turning to fishing off the docks. Even in that respect you end up failing horribly seeing as you have no fishing gear of any description and end up dangling a fishing line into the water hoping for something to bite.

Alexander Rovias & Klasha
???

You two remain back at the saloon while the rest go about whatever work they decided to, while Klasha tries to start up a conversation with the anti-templar they both try to listen to the rumors and general chatter of the saloons other patrons. The talk mostly seems to be of the two tolls that just seemed to come up over night to the north of the town, and the recent increase in croaker attacks. From what you manage to gather the attacks are more frequent the closer to a place called the Blood Sea that you are. Apparently this town is the closest of the three to that place, might explain the attacks some what ...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:32:21 pm by adwarf »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2014, 04:24:31 pm »

((God damn it, how is that even possible..))

Head back into town and see if there's any work around. If not, just go back to the bar and sit around like an idiot.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:27:22 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2014, 04:32:00 pm »

((God damn it, how is that even possible..))

Head back into town and see if there's any work around. If not, just go back to the bar and sit around like an idiot.
((Fixing it now.))
Edit: Was supposed to be a TN of 9 not 5.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2014, 04:39:56 pm »

((Ok.))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2014, 12:42:37 am »

"Very much so. 'Bye for now."

Check the merchant's background by asking other people about him. If nothing is suspicious, return to the bar.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2014, 01:32:30 pm »

Tell a tale. Start with a description of my lessons as a child, about healing infected injuries. A lesson about how it's important stave off the symptoms - you must keep down the patients fever, prevent the infection from spreading. It's important, then, to cut away the infection, as I did just know with the man's face. Finally, you must insure the infection will not return before the wound is able to heal. A damp cloth, a knife or a flame isn't a enough - a stitching and some bandages are needed as well, a recommendation that the patient stay in bed and avoid opening his stitches, a providing of comfort and circumstance to promote healing. Even in the worst of injuries, where a limb cannot be saved, lopping it off is required but if it's a fools task if the stump succumbs to a new infection because the patient is improperly cared for.

Go on to talk about how this is the world we live in now, a world that has been dealt a great wound, and this I have learned well. There are those who stave off the symptoms to keep the patient alive - Hulldun and his guards are doing that for the people here. There are those who excise the infection, who go into the dark of the night as my brother once did and my nephew is likely to do and my companions are eager to do now, and to cleanse the wound, and these people are needed if the patient is ever to have a chance of recovery. But there are those, like myself, who understand that the infection will return if the patient is not cared for, and there is only one thing that can fight the infection that plagues our lands now - hope. This is the gift I give, it is what I represented to my elders as I learned my trade, hope for the future, and what I gave to the children when I saved their mothers and to the village when I saved their children. Hope is what I give through my works, and through my words, because, and this is no metaphor, hope is power. Give an example from my history of one of the adventures with my brother here, where people triumphed through believing they could when it would have been easy for them to fail (presuming such an incident exists).

It is enough, sometimes, that there is a chance of being saved, and that infections can be fought, and recovery can occur. I, through my work, remind people of that.

Try and get through this without coughing up blood or the equivalent, and generally fail a little bit. If he pursues that, add that it's important I do what I can before my own time is up. Ultimately the hope I give is for *nod to nephew* the future's benefit, not my own.

Depending on how that goes, ask for the resources I need to make my supplies, to help speed the healing of the injured and make some more poultices for the future, and I can add some to the town's supplies and teach the nurse how to apply them (it's fairly simply) to help speed future injuries. They won't last forever - the mix loses its power after a few days - but if the raids are as common as I hear it may be nice to have extras on hand.

Enough supplies for ten poultices, some food for my stay, and a few other tools of the trade (for making bags and the like) would be greatly appreciated. At least a chunk of that will likely go right back to treating anyone injured while I'm here, and the first two poultices to those who are injured right now.

Lodging for at least me and my nephew when I am in town (and I don't know how long I stay or if I will be back) would be appreciated as well. Make sure to be clear I know some people interested in doiing some stuff as well.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 05:36:23 pm by GlyphGryph »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]