Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: A question about the clothing industry  (Read 5897 times)

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A question about the clothing industry
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2014, 06:33:34 pm »

Sold 1 million dwarfbucks worth of dirty socks to dwarves caravan, and they are loading for half a year now, and nowhere near completition.
Elven caravan just arrived.
I have a very bad feeling about this. Should have used atom smasher.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2014, 07:31:22 pm »

Elves successfully traded on the same depot. After some time they expressed desire to embark on their journey. They needed to load only 10 items, but stuck too. Hmm, seems like they are stealing socks from the dwarven caravan.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2014, 09:08:48 pm »

So, after a year in the depot, the dwarven caravan finally managed to pack their stuff and leave.
Elves went with them, probably for free protection (dwarven caravan was heavily guarded). I checked Elven stuff - there were no socks.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 09:37:46 pm »

You can assign bone armor by either setting armor color to white (or what I do, I make grieves only out of bone and legging from metal/leather.)

I've had armies clad in turkey bone and leather. Armed with obsidian swords, crossbows and wood shields. Surprisingly effective.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2014, 05:32:04 am »

Well, the key presses count could be shortened with dfhack: all you really need to do is "stocks show", then  use Shift-C to enable all, then Ctrl-I and Ctrl-O to remove owned items from view, then Shift-W to leave only weared items (clothing), then Shift-A to apply to all listed, then Shift-F and Shift-D repeatedly to remove any 'dump' and 'forbid' flags from items (if any), and, finally, Shift-T to bring them all to depot.
Once clothing are there, you can use Shift-m on the trade screen to mark it all for trade.
Done

How silly of me not to have tried those key combinations!   ;)

Seriously, though, anything that makes clothing disposal less tedious is welcome. My (admittedly outdated) dfhack doesn't include a "stocks" command, so I guess it's time to upgrade.

I'm afraid when the new version is released that I'll find it unplayable without the dfhack fixes I've come to rely on.

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2014, 10:02:53 am »

Well, the key presses count could be shortened with dfhack: all you really need to do is "stocks show", then  use Shift-C to enable all, then Ctrl-I and Ctrl-O to remove owned items from view, then Shift-W to leave only weared items (clothing), then Shift-A to apply to all listed, then Shift-F and Shift-D repeatedly to remove any 'dump' and 'forbid' flags from items (if any), and, finally, Shift-T to bring them all to depot.
Once clothing are there, you can use Shift-m on the trade screen to mark it all for trade.
Done

this sort of sums up DF's user experience.  "Dude, it's totally easy to do that not at all fun thing you need to do... just use a special after-party plugin and then this obscure keypress combination that isn't documented and requires 9 steps!  Easy!!"

love this crazy game

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2014, 03:17:33 pm »

Actually...

Shift-T isn't there because I don't have a caravan in depot

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2014, 08:18:51 am »

What is that menu? Never seen that before.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2014, 08:30:05 am »

What is that menu? Never seen that before.
Falconne's advanced stock interface. It's part of LNP for about 3-6 months, try Ctrl-Shft-Z, or go to status (z) » stocks » Enchanced view (e).
We need better documentation, there are tons of kickass features in dfhack that apparently nobody knows about. :(
Pages: 1 2 [3]