Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Major features in next version?  (Read 2835 times)

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Major features in next version?
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2014, 09:00:30 pm »

I wonder if these features include elves throwing a massive fit when you chop down the multi-tile trees  :D
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2014, 09:39:16 pm »

The real question is can they cause falling damage to something chained up underneath? Because executing elves just got WAY MORE IRONIC if they do.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2014, 01:18:52 am »

Will the fallen lumber rolling down the hill? Or it cave-ins to sawdust?
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2014, 08:43:36 pm »

It would make building defenses all the more interesting unless you want Goblins playing Assassin's Creed with your Dwarfs as they swamp over the walls and jump from building to building.

:D

But also a greater goal.  Building a massive and powerful MountainHome from which you could start adventures from!  Or making a series of them and slowly pushing your civilization to be the dominate one in the world. 
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2014, 07:35:38 am »

what do you mean by world will progress after world generation?

The entire point of the game is to have a living, breathing world that the player can interact with using either a fortress or an adventurer.

The main problem is that, as of 0.34.11, the world is neither living nor breathing; it's simply a static, deteriorating world where nothing happens except deaths incurred by the player's hand or presence.

This release fixes that.

So that's the main feature. The entire point of the game getting its first step implemented. That's pretty big.

This is possibly the most exciting prospect of Dwarf Fortress to me. As far as I'm concerned no other game can match this.

Yeah, the activation of the world is huge and is by far the update I am most looking forward to.
Pages: 1 2 [3]