Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Things that made you say "Typical F-king Dwarf Fortress"  (Read 3508 times)

Caiburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you say "Typical F-king Dwarf Fortress"
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 05:15:55 am »

Aban Osorgeshud, Miner cancels Store Item in Stockpile: Interrupted by Llama wool.

Was he storing the llama wool?

Reviving biome, stockpile was a refuse pile. What's it gonna do, tickle him to death? It was a bunch of wool, not a rope.

Oh...yes. It might comfort him. That's threatening.
Quote from: Abyss
Dwarf Fortress is the Crysis of the ASCII world.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 08:19:48 pm »

Aban osorgeshud, miner, cancels retort: smothered to death.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 08:43:24 pm »

Deadly dust? I actually meant poisonous C4 explosion. 

Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

voodooattack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 12:25:31 pm »

Furry much :D?

Hey! Don't judge my dwarf! I respect his preferences.
A Dance With Ice and Fire
An open-world roguelike based off the world of "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin

Urist McOriginalname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 02:23:44 pm »

I had set up cage traps for a cave dragon that had appeared. But my hunter had a better plan, lead the dragon away from the traps and fist fight it in the water.

His plan worked, but he died before his body fell in the water.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 11:53:45 am »

A werebear visited my fortress. I sent my military and got all psyched for an epic battle. First thing the werebear did? Dodged to the stream and got promptly swept into my water intake and later drowned in my (fortunately self-cleaning) well.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

shifty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 01:42:30 pm »

The elfs ambush my relatively young fort. All I have is a crossbow squad with hardly any bolts.

Fortunately, between the crossbow bolts and my drowning trap, most of the elfs die a swift death. One, however, makes it into my fort while riding a giant sloth-bear.

The elf intruder is killed quickly, but my squad is out of bolts at this time. They promptly rush the sloth-bear and start pounding on it when their crossbows. This is all occurring in my food stockpile area.

A minute later, the sloth-bear is not dead but unconscious. My whole squad has been beating on it for a while now. Most of my fort is thirsty and hungry at this point, but can't get any food or drink because they are scared of the sloth.

More minutes later, I've created three more squads of wrestlers. Almost forty dwarves are beating the crap out of this sloth-bear, and it is still alive, scaring the remaining dwarves out of getting food or drink. At one point its teeth get knocked out all over the place. It is still unconscious. Most of my dwarf mob is winded.

In the end, after suffering zero casualties to the actual ambush, almost a fourth of my dwarves starve or dehydrate out of fear of the sloth-bear lynching going on in the food stockpile.
Pages: 1 [2]