Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DF burial traditions  (Read 1314 times)

WhimsyWink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF burial traditions
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 03:32:13 pm »

My last fortress spiraled into chaos when I was at about 140 citizens.  By the time it stabilized at 35 I had more than 200 coffins filled.

Sorry.  Point was simply that I didn't have time to cherish any memories.
Ellipsis free since August 2013.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: DF burial traditions
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 04:50:11 pm »

I tend toward something like Splint's design, but with 2x2 corridors instead of 3x3. I don't really do anything interesting until my fortress gets large enough that I don't have a use for all the migrants that arrive. I post two speardwarves in fancy armor at the door to the catacombs as ceremonial guards. I also build a small temple with a "shrinekeeper" assigned to it, and two "shrine attendants" who are given exclusive burial duties, barring some major catastrophe. When not burying Urist McElephantHunter, they simply pray at shrines in their rooms if it's a masterwork fort, and faff about in a small dining room if it isn't.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 [2]