Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Tales of Gaia [Suggestion Game]  (Read 3183 times)

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Gaia [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2013, 10:05:23 am »

"I've lived in this forest since my parents disappeared. What brings you here, archmage?"

"My residence is not far from this forest, and I thought my pupils could get some training. However their lack of patience might have wasted an incredible opportunity."

As the archmage says this, he looks towards the wolf. It is undoubtly dead, but the healing spells have reapired the external damage. Both boys seem very embarrased when the archmage talks about their lack of patience, and you can see in their faces that they are exhausted from using their spells.

"You have shown a great power, being able to survive here just with your magic. If only my pupils were that good..."

The last words from the archmage take you by surprise. The way he says it, you have no doubt what he means. He wants you to be his pupil.
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2013, 05:12:58 pm »

Join him.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2013, 09:44:41 pm »

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2013, 04:48:26 pm »

"I can join you as your new student, sir."

The archmage smiled at your words. And you could see surprise in the faces of the two young boys. From what you had heard, they were the children of a noble and important family, so the thought of you being of equal rank to them was probably shocking.

"I love it when young ones wish to learn. But I must tell you. To truly devote oneself to the ways of magic is a path that requires sacrifices to be made. You might have an innate understanding of magic, but you'll need to study. And this is a dangerous subject to study." His smile disappeared, and his face turned serious "Are you sure you want to follow this path?"

"I am sure... Master." Your words seemed to work, as he smiled again.

"Then we shall go back to my humble residence. You must learn a few things before we start. Boys, keep doing your work. We will se you again at the tower."

And so, you followed Loghart through the forest. After an hour of silent walking, you saw a really tall building, surrounded by high walls. Loghart led you to the entrance, and the doors opened before him. The whole place was full of magic. It seemed even unnatural.

He then led you to a room inside the tower. The whole tower was decored like it was a palace, and the room was enormous and luxurious. It seemed like the room of a princess, not that of an stundent.

"You are free to go around the tower and the inner walls. You can use the books in the library to study, and the special rooms of the basement and the third floor for practising. There are only three rules. You musn't enter someone else's room uninvited, you musn't go outside the walls during the night and you musn't enter the dungeons of the tower. There, I store the results of my experiments, and some of them are dangerous."

He proceeded to leave the room, but before doing so, he said one last thing.

"Whenever you feel you are ready, you will be able to take the Test. But do not be too fast to do so. The Test is the final step before being considered a true Magi, a member of our Order, and it is difficult and full of risks."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Racial Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Special Abilities (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2013, 07:31:06 pm »

Isolate yourself in your work for as long as it takes!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2013, 04:18:10 am »

When it's night, enter the room of one of the boys, take him with you to the dungeon and when anything goes wrong, flee into the forest

Joking aside, Go into the library, find some books about magic that have anything to do with nature, and read them.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2013, 06:28:41 am »

Sorry guys. I'll probably update sometime between Friday and Sunday.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]