Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Crew (open-world MMO racing game)  (Read 4833 times)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Crew (open-world MMO racing game)
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 05:27:11 am »

Would be fun when i was 12 years old.
Too arcady for my taste. Shame that nones interested open world sim racing game nowadays.

How exactly can you have an open world sim racing game? If it is a good simulator you'd spend all your time going 30 on city streets or dying.

Kinda funny comment. I assume you don't have driving license?

You assume I don't have a driving license? What city streets do you know of that are safe to drive 60 on? Even the highways out here have corners that recommend 30 that I hesitate to take at 55 in my FRS.

Maybe I just don't understand what you mean by open world, because if we mean the same thing, driving through Seattle or San Franciso or London, there is no way that would be any fun as a simulator. The roads are not made for going faster that 30 on.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 05:53:20 am »

Would be fun when i was 12 years old.
Too arcady for my taste. Shame that nones interested open world sim racing game nowadays.

How exactly can you have an open world sim racing game? If it is a good simulator you'd spend all your time going 30 on city streets or dying.

Kinda funny comment. I assume you don't have driving license?

You assume I don't have a driving license? What city streets do you know of that are safe to drive 60 on? Even the highways out here have corners that recommend 30 that I hesitate to take at 55 in my FRS.

Maybe I just don't understand what you mean by open world, because if we mean the same thing, driving through Seattle or San Franciso or London, there is no way that would be any fun as a simulator. The roads are not made for going faster that 30 on.

Heh you can take as slow your FSR on any road as you please or drive as you like.

Open world would, and in my opinion consists cities, villages and open roads ( highways, smaller roads ) connecting them.
That would mean open world and not open city, i think. Still think you can go more than 30 in San Francisco or even in London?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 05:57:34 am »

I think what he meant is country road driving with very low traffic. I actually drive my WRX STI really gently in city and inner suburbs. Speed limit on most roads is 60kmh here and the cops are vigilant in handing out fines since it's a major revenue stream for the state government. The highest speed limit is 110kmh on freeways.

On country roads, however, there are no speed cameras and almost no traffic, so you can push the car harder (within your limits and still considering safety).

As much as I love driving to the countryside, other life commitments get in the way and petrol isn't that cheap (A$1.60/L for premium unleaded 98 octane). Hence the need for an open-world driving game...
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 06:00:01 am »

I found it an utterly boring experience when I was in part of the beta test. Very limited.
Can you elaborate on that? Was it just a lack of content or was the driving not fun?

I found the car modifications to be less than fun, with very little in the way of cosmetic touches to set you aside from others in the game world. Almost all car modifications needed to be 'won' in races, and the races themselves involved arcade style handling with very little difference between the vehicles I tried - very heavy steering, inconsistent braking, generally poor performances across the board.

It's by no means the best racing game ever made, it felt like one of the very worst. If anything, it was a terrible racing game that had had a multiplayer component shoehorned in.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 05:38:09 am »

The game's out. I'd not say I'm impressed, it feels soulless so far. But hit me up in game. Elsior47.

Have only played an hour, driving a Dodge Charger SRT level 14 now.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 [2]