Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Never ending siege, bug ?  (Read 3133 times)

flecha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Never ending siege, bug ?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 11:05:11 am »

I assume it's the latest since I have LNP r38. Could be something that PeridexisErrant put in but Putnam didn't, no idea.

Maybe create a large meeting zone outside the fort or otherwise open the fort gates? I don't really have any more ideas here.

I downloaded masterworks and im using this df hack that has siege, now I need the civ ID, going to look for in legends

There's a chance it might be a problem with the Masterworks mod, you should let Meph know about it if you haven't already.

Edit: Looked on the mantis bug report thing and there is an old bug report on a stuck siege: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4122 which mentions a workaround using Runesmith. No idea how else to help you here.

No, it worked with force siege EVIL but I only got ambushes, and siege is not leaving, too bad for me. Thanks a lot

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 11:06:35 am »

Well, since it's the masterwork mod, I can only suggest asking about it in the masterwork mod section.

flecha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 11:08:24 am »

Well, since it's the masterwork mod, I can only suggest asking about it in the masterwork mod section.

No, I was playing vainilla dwarf fortress, I just used df hack version from master works in order to get the force siege command

flecha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 11:13:52 am »

What you state about runesmit I think will be the key, thanks a lot, tonight I will let you know if it worked.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 11:16:18 am »

No, I was playing vainilla dwarf fortress, I just used df hack version from master works in order to get the force siege command

Oh I see, misunderstood what you were saying about the masterworks mod.

Actually no, wait, I looked at the DFFD and the Runesmith is outdated and is no longer being maintained. Maybe ask in the DFhack thread for help? They may have ideas on how to fix the problem. Though if all else fails, post a bug report in the mantis bugtracker.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:25:09 am by smjjames »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 11:53:14 am »

I don't know if runesmith has been updated to the current version
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

flecha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 02:16:02 pm »

No, it is not, I think I will try to roll back to a previous save, not sure if I will find any

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 05:10:55 pm »

So, if you have a part of the map edge blocked off, they (and wildlife) can attempt to enter the map on those ramps.

Might be a long shot or even make it worse, maybe try the force siege command in DFhack to force the siege onto the map?

As I mentioned, the tile was empty. No blockages. I think it's because there were two different squads trying to enter the same space, but one got locked out, waiting for the other to move. But since I destroyed their morale before the first squad even moved, as it had been standing on the hill for some time before turning tail and running, despite having no casualties, the second squad was triggered to flee but could not because they weren't loaded on the map.

But that's just me guessing a possible reason why. I know they are there, their equipment was in my stocks menu, and when I abandoned and reclaimed they were milling about the surface. Same for when I reloaded and tried visiting in adventure mode.

As for force siege, it can send a siege if used enough times, but it didn't solve my problem. I even spammed it several times in a row at one point, resulting in a siege of over 500 strong, plus several more squads stuck off-screen.

flecha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2013, 12:32:45 pm »

I did a rollback to a previous save, clean the trees from te edges of the map and clena the changes from dragons and cave dragons (for breeding) in raws

The siege this time worked as expected.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2013, 03:15:11 pm »

The changes to dragons for breeding shouldn't affect sieges, but I guess the trees were blocking the siege somehow, even though they shouldn't.
Pages: 1 [2]