Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Never ending siege, bug ?  (Read 3140 times)

flecha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Never ending siege, bug ?
« on: October 07, 2013, 05:23:19 pm »

Hi, Ive been playing around for 40 years, with a very low population fortress growing childs, now I have 101 dwarfs and I had my first siege, I easily defeated the goblins but Im still under siege, no goblin or enemies outside, also seems like creatures from caverns are not coming anymore, I have 2 dragons chained in my fortress.

The problema is that the never ending siege is no fun anymore, no more enemies = no fun. (maybe I will have to dig through inferno).

Someone knows what to do or when the siege will be over ? I have read in the wiki it takes a ver long lapse of time for a siege to be over if you dont defeat enemies (besides the fact I have killed every goblin in my map)

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
Re: Never ending siege, bug ?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 05:59:49 pm »

If I had to guess, I'd say either A) there are goblins in ambush somewhere that can't get to you or for some other reason haven't charged up and gotten spotted, or B) the dragons still count as siegers.

Somebody else might have a better explanation though.
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 06:15:24 pm »

I've had this happen a few times, though most were accidentally caused by toying around with DFHack so they don't count.

Use the mass claim designation across your whole map (d-b-c). Then check your stocks menu and see if there are still any forbidden weapons or armour anywhere in the list.

If there are any, try (z)ooming to it. If it zooms to an empty tile at the edge of your map, then your issue is the same I had.

I didn't have enough space at the edges of my map during a siege, and some units were waiting off-screen until they had the space to advance. I had broken the siege before they had the time to move onto the screen, giving them no reason to attack, but not being able to leave since they weren't fully loaded onto the map.

Otherwise, try killing any caged prisoners or mounts, and check for ambushes.

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 02:28:12 am »

you could also try a dfhack "slayrace goblin" although I'm not sure if that will work for offscreen enemies if you've got blackflyme's problem

flecha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 10:03:47 am »

Slayrace commando shows me animals, and dwarfs, but not dragons, going to try killing dragons

flecha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 10:06:56 am »

No luck, siege is still on

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 10:11:40 am »

Are there any flying mounts? They have pathing problems.

Edit: Try slayracing everything except your own animals and dwarves, kill/butcher any prisioners that you have. Also, the slayrace doesn't show stuff that are caged or chained, which is why the dragons don't show up.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:13:34 am by smjjames »

flecha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 10:17:40 am »

Are there any flying mounts? They have pathing problems.

Edit: Try slayracing everything except your own animals and dwarves, kill/butcher any prisioners that you have. Also, the slayrace doesn't show stuff that are caged or chained, which is why the dragons don't show up.

I used the reveal command and didnt find anything, also trie what BlackFlyme told me.

Anyway I slaughter dragons but siege still on. I do not have prisoners.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:26:36 am by flecha »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 10:28:00 am »

I didn't have enough space at the edges of my map during a siege, and some units were waiting off-screen until they had the space to advance. I had broken the siege before they had the time to move onto the screen, giving them no reason to attack, but not being able to leave since they weren't fully loaded onto the map.

I actually had something similar, except it was the ambushes getting stuck. In a previous fort I had walled off the edge (with bridges) of the map which was a mountain but I didn't do anything with the ramps and I had also carved away from the edge so there was no access. I had noticed that there hadn't been any ambushes or sieges for a while, looked around with slayrace and it turns out that an ambush party was trying to enter the map through one of the spots with a ramp on it but couldn't fully enter the map. I fixed it by getting rid of the ramps and putting bridges there, after that it was fine. The ambushes were also somehow preventing sieges from happening I think.

So, if you have a part of the map edge blocked off, they (and wildlife) can attempt to enter the map on those ramps.

Might be a long shot or even make it worse, maybe try the force siege command in DFhack to force the siege onto the map?

flecha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 10:32:01 am »

How do you force the siege ? I dont see the command in df hack

(I made backups so I can try any thing9
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:34:08 am by flecha »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 10:34:56 am »

How do you force the siege ? I dont see the command in df hack

It's 'force siege' and the root command is 'force', it's in there. Probably should have been a little clearer, sorry.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:38:20 am by smjjames »

flecha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 10:44:05 am »

Not a recognized command in my df hack last version download, which version do you have ? can you tell me where did you put the file ? I have already downloaded the lua scripts from there :
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7471

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 10:52:01 am »

I assume it's the latest since I have LNP r38. Could be something that PeridexisErrant put in but Putnam didn't, no idea.

Maybe create a large meeting zone outside the fort or otherwise open the fort gates? I don't really have any more ideas here.

flecha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 10:55:05 am »

I assume it's the latest since I have LNP r38. Could be something that PeridexisErrant put in but Putnam didn't, no idea.

Maybe create a large meeting zone outside the fort or otherwise open the fort gates? I don't really have any more ideas here.

I downloaded masterworks and im using this df hack that has siege, now I need the civ ID, going to look for in legends

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 10:56:54 am »

I downloaded masterworks and im using this df hack that has siege, now I need the civ ID, going to look for in legends

There's a chance it might be a problem with the Masterworks mod, you should let Meph know about it if you haven't already.

Edit: Looked on the mantis bug report thing and there is an old bug report on a stuck siege: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4122 which mentions a workaround using Runesmith. No idea how else to help you here.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:03:44 am by smjjames »
Pages: [1] 2