Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Fallout: Drifter - A Suggestion Game  (Read 3113 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Drifter - A Suggestion Game
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 04:49:51 am »

Shoot it. Our unarmed and our strength are both rubbish.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 06:31:39 am »

You fire another shot but it's difficult to aim effectively at this range and the beam goes wide. From behind you you hear another shout followed by growling and further swearing, you hear Roscoe say something about his arm. The dog jumps at you again, this time biting your gun arm. Its teeth fail to penetrate your leather jacket.

You take another shot after shaking it off but it misses. The dog fails to bite your leg again and, through sheer luck, you manage to kick it in the face before it can back up. It's still alive but clearly hurt. From behind you hear Roscoe fire again followed by a loud yelp and a triumphant shout.

From the corner of your vision you see the other dog limping in the direction you came from, bleeding heavily, and barks weakly at the other dog and they begin to walk back down the road, but before they can go a few steps the bleeding dog drops to the ground. The dazed dog noses the body, then turns to face you.
  • Kill the last dog
  • Ignore it and patch up your leg
  • Other...

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (16/32) (click to show/hide)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 07:22:36 am »

Kill it. It won't attack a third time.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 09:30:22 am »

patch up our leg, but keep an eye on it. No point wasting energy cells if it was going to run away.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 09:50:55 am »

patch up our leg, but keep an eye on it. No point wasting energy cells if it was going to run away.
+1
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 12:51:26 am »

Keeping an eye on the dog you back up to Roscoe, who is in the middle of bandaging a nasty-looking bite on his left arm. He throws you a small roll of bandages and you roll up the right leg of your pants and begin to bandage your own wound. When you finish you see that the dog still standing on the road and Roscoe turns to you as the two of you set off for Slam Town.

"Taki- taka- ta...", he squints up at you, clearly struggling to remember your name.

"Takoko"

"Yes, that. This is why you should never trust a fish-eater. They take you to the bay, show you their product, fill your head with promises of boats, money and fish and just when you begin to trust them they send you off to be eaten by dogs. Fuck Overly."

As you walk off a light drizzle begins to fall and a breeze rolls over the plain. The dog doesn't follow you.

Eventually you find yourself approaching the gate to Slam Town, a barricade formed between two buildings spanning the whole road. To the east the sun is setting behind some hills, though you've seen some signs that suggest there's a lake between you and them. From the right of the gate you hear someone shout: "Name and purpose?"

Roscoe, clearly in familiar territory, answers "Open the gate, Cooper!"

The gate soon squeals open to reveal a balding, bearded man with a scoped rifle slung over his back. Before he can say anything Roscoe says "You said that road was safe!"

The bearded man, Cooper, notices the dried blood on Roscoe's hand, "You used the Caravan Road, right?"

"Caravan Road?"

"You leave Surfin travelling west and then head north west until you hit the wetlands, then you skirt around until you get here. That's the road I as talking about, the Caravan Road."

Roscoe points at Cooper and for several seconds it looks like he is going to blow up. Somehow, he manages to calm down and throws a small bag to you before silently walking through the gate.

You got 150 caps

LEVEL UP!
You are now a Level 3 Seeker
Spoiler: Choose a Perk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (16/32) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:45:20 pm by NobodyPro »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 02:29:15 pm »

((shouldn't you add +150 caps to inventory?))

Black widow
energy weapons

We missed a lot back there. If it was something more dangerous than a dog we could be dead.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2013, 03:25:22 pm »

Energy Weapons
Presence
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 04:15:43 pm »

Energy Weapons
Presence

+1
We do drift around, and this might often be the difference between getting shot at... or getting a shot. In multiple ways even. :p
Pages: 1 2 [3]