Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Fallout: Drifter - A Suggestion Game  (Read 3116 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fallout: Drifter - A Suggestion Game
« on: August 31, 2013, 08:00:29 am »

Fallout: Drifter
Tales of scavenging and gunfights

Waking up from dreams of horrible radioactive sheep you find yourself inside what appears to be a small shack. Rather than wonder how you got here you decide to ask a much more important question:

"Who am I?"

-Details-
Name:
Description:

-SPECIAL-
Strength:
Perception:
Endurance:
Charisma:
Intelligence:
Agility:
Luck:
40 points, 10 maximum in any one

-Skills-
Which three things from the following list are you good at:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Technical Stuff:
This game will involve heavy behind-the-scenes rolling and I'll be using a collection of tools and tables I found to make this whole thing quite random. This has potential to make things fun and very deadly so we may jump from one character to another suddenly.

Unlike the Fallout games, SPECIAL plays a much more important role in this suggestion game. All skills are technically modifiers to their base SPECIAL characteristic and to succeed on a skill check you need to roll below the value on a bell curve. If I go into detail this paragraph is going to be very long, just don't drop your Agility to 2 and expect to be a gunslinger.

If we don't have an agreed upon character when I start this, the character will be determined at random and the loser will go drink there sorrows away in the waitlist.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Drifter - A Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 08:01:04 am »

This post is empty, but you somehow get the impression of an empty diner.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 08:15:53 am »

Name: Takoko Jadin
Occupation: Technology prospector: scavenging through buildings for old tech, which she then fixes up and sells on. When her words fail, there's always lasers.
Description: Tall and imposing, with sharp features. She has grey hair, despite her relative youth and piercing blue eyes. Her right arm is covered with old burn scars from a encounter with a plasma-firing robot.

strength:4
Perception:5
Endurance:3
Charisma:6
Intelligence:7
Agility:5
Luck:10

Good at: Energy Weapons
              Science
              Speech
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 08:31:16 am »

+1

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 08:30:47 pm »

Well I chose a poor time to post, bumping due to FG&RP.

A note on the skill system:
Your proficiency in a skill is measured in ☢s. Having one ☢ in a skill means you know it, having more means you're better up to a maximum of ☢☢☢☢☢☢. Perks with tiers (like Animal Friend) will also be marked with ☢s.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 01:03:12 am »

Takoko, of course! How could you forget something as important as your name.

You get up gathering your meager belongings from beside the bed, putting on your holster and shoving everything else into your backpack. You look around at the room, it's mostly filled with junk and you don't see anything obviously useful or valuable. The sun's rays visibly shine into the room through small holes in the east wall and at that angle you'd guess it's 0900. How unlike you to sleep in.

• Toss the place! Search for anything you may have forgotten about.
  • Go forth into the world with one hand on your weapon and the other on your money.
  • Something else...

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (11.8/32*) (click to show/hide)
*This is the point where your gear begins to impede you slightly, not the point where your ankles shatter into a million pieces

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 02:33:26 am »

Toss the place
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 04:03:15 am »

Toss the place

After thoroughly searching the interior of the shack you find a Leather jacket and pants(5) in the locker near the door and a piece of dried meat(0.5) in the rusted-out fridge.

(Let's assume you take the meat, don the leather jacket and step outside)

The sun blinds you as you open the door and walk into the dawn. As your eyes adjust you take in the landscape, behind you barren hills block your view of what lies beyond but ahead of you stretches a flat dusty plain bisected by a ruined road running from north to south. To the south you can see the ruins of a large town and an unused lighthouse, beyond that you can see the ocean. You can smell it on the breeze too.

Before you can think to step forward and look north a peculiar feeling overtakes you, giving you the impression that somehow became more knowledgeable in the time between waking up and stepping outside.

LEVEL UP!
You are now a Level 2 Renegade
Spoiler: Choose a Perk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (17.3/32) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:13:34 am by NobodyPro »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 04:20:10 am »

Repair and Cherchez La Femme
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 05:47:11 am »

^+1
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 05:55:54 am »

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 08:33:53 pm »

You stretch, pushing out the last dregs of fatigue and replacing it with thoughts of machinery and... gunfire? You hear a loud gunshot followed by the crack of a smaller weapon being fired. You walk around the various plants and rocks obstructing your view, hearing two more cracks as you do, and soon have a view of the road to the north.

Below you is a rotund looking man waving a revolver around and shouting while trying to keep his pack brahmin under control. If you had to guess, you'd probably say he is worried about the three feral dogs that have surrounded him. You guess that they're probably responsible for the nearby corpse laying in a puddle of its own blood.

• Get involved, he could use the help
  • Keep walking, good samaritans only get killed in the wasteland (which way?)
  • Sit down and enjoy breakfast and a show
  • Other...

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 01:07:24 am »

good samaritan time. Shoot the bitches(female dogs) and any other dog of the male type as well.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 05:45:25 am »

Kneeling, you draw your laser pistol and line up a shot on the nearest dog. You fire and the red beam strikes the dog in the foreleg, blasting it to ash. The other two dogs look over to see their packmate writhing on the ground, the fur on its stump of a leg still smouldering. This gives the fat man the opportunity he needs to shoot another dog in the body. Realising that this isn't the easy meal they thought it was they quickly leave the road, disappearing into the long grass.

The fat man pulls his brahmin over to the three-legged dog and puts two rounds in it, killing it, and firing another two imaginary rounds for good measure. You can hear him from your vantage point.

"Fucking bullshit!"

As you approach the man he pulls some rounds from one of brahmin's packs and reloads his revolver. As you reach the roadside he turns, holstering his revolver.

"Thanks for your help, lady. It's nice to see that you can actually shoot unlike this so-called 'mercenary'." He leans down beside the body of the 'mercenary' and pulls a small bag from its belt and picks up his single-barrel shotgun, which he loads, "You one of Overly's?"

• "No, just helping out a stranger."
  • [Lie] "Yes."
  • "Don't I get a reward for saving your life?"
  • Other...

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 07:24:22 am »

"Overly?"
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth
Pages: [1] 2 3