Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Antivegan  (Read 3572 times)

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Re: Antivegan
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2013, 02:43:08 am »

This entire thread is making me want to go beat on beekeeping to see if I can get it to even work again.  Last few times I tried it was a failure of FUN proportions.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2013, 03:10:07 am »

Another question is how many dwarves you are trying to supply.  Going with some very rough calculations with 40 hives you would produce around 250 mead per year (200 mead per harvest 1 harvest every 9 months).  If ever dwarf requires ~ 16 drinks per year you could supply around 16 dwarves. That should be enough in theory to support the first year's migrants.  Even if you only managed to get one harvest a year (far more likely all things considered) you should still have enough to supply 12 dwarves in relative comfort.

Under no circumstances does a dwarf require 16 drinks/year, k. see posts just before you.

mek42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2013, 06:56:58 am »

Is the sixteen per year what the dwarf would drink with no booze restrictions?
"Is that the game with the blinky characters and no pictures?  Maybe you do have Asperger's." - My wife after I mentioned my excitement over the elves bringing by caravan a whole bunch of wood after my deforestation project was neglected due to a near-tantrum spiral and total loss of my initial seven and a bunch of immigrants.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2013, 07:20:18 am »

Is the sixteen per year what the dwarf would drink with no booze restrictions?

4 drinks per season, 4 season a year, yeah around right. They'll drink water as frequently if there're no booze available, though. Dwarves need to eat twice a season as an aside.

I think having booze once a year would help to manage the slow-down, at least it only took one drink to get them back to speed last time I did alcohol-less embark as an test. It takes around.... I think three seasons before they starts to feel the effect in their thoughts.

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2013, 10:58:35 am »

Another question is how many dwarves you are trying to supply.  Going with some very rough calculations with 40 hives you would produce around 250 mead per year (200 mead per harvest 1 harvest every 9 months).  If ever dwarf requires ~ 16 drinks per year you could supply around 16 dwarves. That should be enough in theory to support the first year's migrants.  Even if you only managed to get one harvest a year (far more likely all things considered) you should still have enough to supply 12 dwarves in relative comfort.

Under no circumstances does a dwarf require 16 drinks/year, k. see posts just before you.

I guess I could have been clearer, but what I meant by in comfort was having dwarves only drinking mead.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]