Yes
- 1 (50%)
No
- 0 (0%)
Maybe
- 1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: October 09, 2015, 11:13:56 pm

Author Topic: The Zenoya Conflict (Feedback Welcome)  (Read 1069 times)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
The Zenoya Conflict (Feedback Welcome)
« on: September 29, 2015, 11:12:31 pm »

Hello! I have an idea for a game that I could possibly run here, but I wasn't sure if people would show enough interest or if it was too complicated or not. I'm still thinking on a few mechanics on how to do certain things, but I've got a general idea down!

Keep in mind, I'm not saying I AM running this game. I'm saying I MAY if enough people want to play.

Spoiler: Setting and Plot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Example Map of Zenoya (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Game Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resource Acquisition (click to show/hide)

And I think that's it! I just wanted to see if it seemed feasible or not. Advice and suggestions would be lovely, as well as feedback or tips. I definitely want to know if anyone would be interested.

A few things, though. I feel like three nations is too much and would slow the game down too much. Would two nations be better?
Does the game feel lacking in some aspect?
Does it just sound plain unfun and complicated?
This is sort of like a rough draft in my mind that I wanted to get some ideas on.

Thanks for reading, regardless!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:33:15 pm by coleslaw35 »

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: The Zenoya Conflict (Feedback Welcome)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 08:23:02 pm »

Quote from: coleslaw35
A few things, though. I feel like three nations is too much and would slow the game down too much. Would two nations be better?
Although three would be interesting, two would probably be more practical because there probably wouldn't be enough players. Although I have not been following Elfeater's Baron's Battle closely at all, I suspect interest in this type of game is unfortuantely low. You could always have NPC countries to filling the gap for allies and enemies.
To me it sounds fine if this game is strictly a military game. Maybe you could add different types of military units, an experience system to units, or have a commander be attached to each infantry with a different modifier to it. If you want to add more governing to the game, then you could add a national morale, a capital resource so you could use money to buy resources that you have deficits in, raise or lower taxes, and try to maintain governement services for the civilians during war time. But if you're going for simplicity, you don't have to add anything else at all.
Does it just sound plain unfun and complicated
It sounds fun and not too complicated at all. I would be interested in a game like this.
Max avatar size is 80x80

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: The Zenoya Conflict (Feedback Welcome)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 08:40:14 pm »

Although three would be interesting, two would probably be more practical because there probably wouldn't be enough players. Although I have not been following Elfeater's Baron's Battle closely at all, I suspect interest in this type of game is unfortuantely low. You could always have NPC countries to filling the gap for allies and enemies.

I was participating in that one for a while, but then no one else began posting so I assumed it was dead. Like you said, there may not be enough interest to run this game. You're the first person to comment, and this thread has been up for about 3 days. I'm actually not sure how you found this in the pile of forum games.

To me it sounds fine if this game is strictly a military game. Maybe you could add different types of military units, an experience system to units, or have a commander be attached to each infantry with a different modifier to it. If you want to add more governing to the game, then you could add a national morale, a capital resource so you could use money to buy resources that you have deficits in, raise or lower taxes, and try to maintain governement services for the civilians during war time. But if you're going for simplicity, you don't have to add anything else at all.

I'd likely implement an experience system and a commander system. Other than those two, I'm trying to keep this fairly simple so that (if this game starts) people participating (including me) wouldn't get too worn out of it. I was thinking of this as being a "test run" to see if I'd like to make and run more game, but again, the whole interest problem.

Does it just sound plain unfun and complicated
It sounds fun and not too complicated at all. I would be interested in a game like this.

That's great to here! Hopefully, enough people will come forward and express their interest and we'll get it going and see how things progress (hopefully well).