Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ... I Love This Game.  (Read 940 times)

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
... I Love This Game.
« on: June 04, 2013, 01:14:24 am »

So I had 10 HIGHLY trained axe dwarves decked out in iron armor, wooden shields and steel axes. Against maybe 50+ goblins riding monstrous cavern caterpillars or something. None of my soldiers even got hit. There is a huge battlefield out there, remains, blood, guts, pus, vomit, bodies, everything. They RUN FASTER THAN WOLVES. WITH IRON ARMOR. I love dwarfs.
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.
So will the dwarf with the broken spine recover and use a crutch?

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
Re: ... I Love This Game.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 02:16:04 am »

There's nothing like an efficient team of axedwarves going to work. If you've not tried it, watch their next battle from one z-level up. You won't see the fight, but you'll see the ground gradually rapidly turning red, and see the oh-my-what-a-lot-of bodyparts flying every which way.

It's going to be interesting to see how this kind of fight is affected by the new combat changes. Toady's mentioned things getting a lot tougher.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 09:38:12 am »

I remember I once had a legendary archer. She was decked out in full candy armour, all of legendary craftsmanship (as you'd expect). For some reason she decided it would be a good idea to take a nap outside..... IN THE MIDDLE OF A BLOODY SIEGE!!!

She just lay there... for ages... fast asleep. Meanwhile, about 10 goblins were surrounding her, casually beating her candy helm, and having their blows deflected. 15 pages of report worth of this before she then woke up, realised what was happening, and proceeded to kill them all
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 01:33:04 pm »

She just lay there... for ages... fast asleep. Meanwhile, about 10 goblins were surrounding her, casually beating her candy helm, and having their blows deflected. 15 pages of report worth of this before she then woke up, realised what was happening, and proceeded to kill them all

This reminds me how one of my militia captains was sleeping in the hospital because of some scratches in upper body when forgotten beast came through well. Yeah, I didn't knew that thing can just flie through well.

But back to the story, that forgotten beast killed some poor haulers and proceeded to the hospital. While hospital was full of wounded recruits from battles with the elves (it was the fortresses first years), the bed closest to the door lied my militia captain. Forgotten beast came and started to punch him. He didn't even wake up.

The doctors screamed in terror between beast and the wall. The beast just ignored everyone else and tried to kill that one sleeping dwarf. He had steel armour, so none of the punches didn't even made a scratch. The he woke up and killed the beast with his soldiers, who had just arrived from the upper levels to the hospital.