Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: TERA: Rising  (Read 3729 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TERA: Rising
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 11:30:57 am »

Personally, I think Elin are abominations.  Cause of their 'baby' faces.  Consider the ball of fur racePopori if you are looking for cute.  Unless of course you don't think they are.

I can say that Tera is worth a try for the action-combat alone.  Each of the classes are actually distinctly unique in playstyle/movesets/strengths/weaknesses.
Its just the barrier of the grind that keeps bums like me from getting to max level and spending much more time then I should on the MMO.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 12:14:55 pm »

Getting sick of grinding NT on my mystic, not quite wanting to dive back in on end-game with my lancer, so I'm switching over to my archer.  Hit level 21, now I can finally check out a dungeon as DPS for once. 

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 12:52:02 pm »

Strolled into the RP Server. Got people shouting in MMORPGian and Abbreviatistics about shit they have to sell.

Yeah, most definitely a RP server. I was kinda disappointed.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 01:09:13 pm »

Strolled into the RP Server. Got people shouting in MMORPGian and Abbreviatistics about shit they have to sell.

the rp servers are more about being the cutest elin than any other server

i wouldn't even dare stroll in there, i'd drop from my usual #1 spot to the bottom rung of the top #150 maybe

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 01:38:36 pm »

Wait, you expect global channels to have RP in them as well?  Surely you jest.  RPers on the RP server have pretty much agreed that it's best kept to say/guild chat. 

I can't say that I have ever (off the top of my head) seen any online game, with a specific attention to RP, which also includes global chat channels, manage to keep said channels in-character.

Also, I've opened nine pet boxes and received no pet yet -_-  Granted, I'm not specifically trying to get one, and just using boxes/keys that happen to fall in my lap or that I already had, but it'd still be nice.

Conclusions from playing a low 20s archer again:  Fun, wish I had a shorter backstep cooldown, oh god I have no self heal I need to actually use potions, why do I raise my leg with every shot?

Playing lancer and mystic have spoiled me, clearly. 

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 03:01:01 pm »

You never ever find RP on global channels in any prolific modern MMO ever.  Way too many non-RPers(like me) still go on RP servers.  >.>

Depending on the atmosphere developed on the RP server, which can be different from one to another. /say and other area chat may be more strict on RP. (Actually more along the lines of courtesy.)

As for /guild RP, that depends on the guild you choose to join, same with /party.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 [2]