Tuesday
- 0 (0%)
Wednesday
- 0 (0%)
Thursday
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DnD Pathfinder Adventure: The Tomb  (Read 1784 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: DnD Pathfinder Adventure: The Tomb
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 11:55:54 am »

Alright. If somebody wants to help me with my character, I'd be much obliged.

The GM mentioned that it was unlikely that we would have alot of chances to shop over the course of this adventure, so I decided to make a character who is focused on crafting as much as he is on combat. The Forgemaster archtype gets Craft Magic Arms and Armor free at third level, and their 5th level ability makes them output items quickly.

I'm not sure what kind of build I want to go for in battle. The forgemaster dosn't channel energy, and I'm evil so I don't get to turn my spells into healing spells as I see fit, so I'm not going to be a dedicated healer. I was thinking of going tankish, but if I use any shield heavier than a buckler I have to put my weapon away to cast somatic spells.

Here is the Sheet So Far:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=585857

And Here are the things I want help with:
1: I need help shopping. I got my combat gear, my artisians tools, and a Cleric's Kit for the basics so far. I have 116 Gold left, and can hold  38 more pounds before I hit my limit and am carrying a medium load. Duergar have the slow and steady racial feat, and never suffer speed penalties for encumbrance or armor, so it might be okay for me to carry a heavy load. I don't know. I don't have the list of encumberance penalties in front of me at the moment. My shopping list is on the notes page on my sheet at the moment. I'll move it to the proper item section when it is finalized.
2: Should I shuffle my ability scores a bit? INT is very good for my character's skills, and lets me use more Forgemaster Runes. But CON is also important for staying alive and stuff. If I swap my INT and CON, they would both be at 14 after apply Duergar bonus to con. Is that worth it?
3: Anybody have any idea on what Feat I should take?
4: Does anybody know I need to do to level up my character from 1 to 7? I already started on my skills, because I know they are 2+Int Mod per level.
5: Speaking of skills, I'm thinking of taking a one level dip into rouge with one of my levels, to gain training for Perception and to have a few more skill points to throw around. Worth it?

ThatOneGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • And you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 12:59:43 pm »

1. You should also buy some potions, those are of great use. It would also be wise in my mind to buy some rope.
2. Okay, first off, your CHA score is just horrible :C. Anyways, switching the two so that you have 14 on both is actually a pretty good idea.
3. I would suggest feats that improve your combat effectiveness, but that's just me.
4. Well, you have Health-die that you have to roll, check to see if your Ref/Fort/Will go up at all on your class sheet, you have to check to see if your Base-Attack-Bonus is correct, and then all the new special abilities that you recieve.
5.One level in another class, in my opinion, isn't worth it. But that's my opinion.
Hmm...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 01:42:02 pm »

1: The Cleric's Kit comes with rope. It dosn't say how much rope though... I'll look at the potions though.

2: Yeah. Duergar have a nasty little -4 Cha penalty going for them. Assuming you don't throw around CHA draining effects like candy at a parade, I should be fine. The nasty, devil-worshiping, deep dwarf shouldn't be doing the talking with important people outside the party anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2013, 03:22:04 pm »

Basically, all you need to do is roll a d6 4 times, then drop the lowest one and add the others together.
Like this:

"Jim rolled: 4 5 4 3. Jim needs to drop 3 because it's the lowest. Jim ends up with 4 5 4. Jim then adds them together and gets 13. Jim then puts that into STR or whatever."

The thing that Weirdsound posted is also, very useful.

Such things as Redblade (or whatever it's called) and: http://www.pathguy.com/PathfinderCore.htm can be useful for character creation.
Alright, not sure if you wanted us to use point-buy or something.
Abilities added.

I'm going to miss the first session, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ThatOneGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • And you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2013, 03:39:01 pm »

Okay.

Quick note: You must also decide if you are apart of the original party, or members that join up in the time-travelling.

IF YOU JOINED IN THE TIME-TRAVELLING:

You have these gods:

Jinkaa': The god of light, life, fire, and goodness
Dormel: The goddess of darkness, death, cold, and evil
Ki': The god of all magic
Sylva: The goddess of the forests

The king of your civilization is Yer'haal, and you volunteered to help the Battle-Mage Kro'mar in defending the eastern gates from the Plague Demons that are ravaging the caves.
Hmm...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2013, 04:11:26 pm »

Since I'm not going to be at the first session, I'm not going to be in the "original party," I'll be a time traveller.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 12:03:44 pm »

I don't think I'll be ready to play for this weeks session today. I'll try and get on IRC and lurk a bit though.

ThatOneGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • And you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 02:38:29 pm »

Well, okay then. If you plan to do that, it starts in 1:30 minutes.
Hmm...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 02:43:02 pm »

Well, I got done with my real life stuff I needed to do sooner than I thought. I'm going to try and rush through what is left of character creation. Doubt I'll make it in time, but who knows, I might be good to join in on the second encounter.

ThatOneGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • And you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 03:50:14 am »

So, a game did not happen this week due to players having real-life pop up last minute. The session -will- be occurring next Monday so that gives you much more time to prepare your sheets then the tiny amount I was able to give you before Monday.
Hmm...

ThatOneGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • And you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 12:39:21 pm »

There will be a game happening today, so Weird, if you've finished your sheet and want to partake in today's events, please turn it in. Same to you, GWG.
Hmm...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 12:50:28 pm »

Right. I'm 99% done and the link should be somewhere on the thread. I just have to copy my inventory and weapons over to the proper boxes on Mythweaver so it can do its magic calculations, and pick my spells for the first day.

ThatOneGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • And you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 01:18:41 pm »

Everything checks out, so you're good! Don't forget to join the IRC channel when you're ready.
Hmm...

ThatOneGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • And you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 03:55:26 am »

it is time that this ended.

I still want to give you the major plot twists I was holding..soo............

After you light the post, Sir Obelk will order his men into retreat, and a mass of demons will break through into the WT, attacking the party and possibly killing you.

Kro'mar's defense is overrun, with the battle-mage himself being taken captive (or dead) and citizens having to hide in the under-underground refugee which is currently being defended by the rest of the army.

King Val'mar has a spell put on him by Sir Obelk, sprouting him into old age and allowing Obelk to take the throne.

You then help Kro'mar defeat Obelk before Obelk himself can take the scepter of Shi'lugrouh, and become the most powerful Lich King known to mortals. Kro'mar destroys Obelk, and then learning that he can't destroy the scepter, becomes the Lich King and closes the portals to the underworld.

King Val'mar re-takes his throne, with a di-monarchy with the Lich-ified Kro'mar. You are teleported back to the future where you find Do'en. You then learn that he is in-fact, not Kro'mar, and he's only an old sadistic necromancer that you proceed to kill. You report back to the Baron, only to learn the Baron himself is Kro'mar, and he pays you for your services.

You then all go on your merry way, living happily.

I will be starting up another adventure on another day -which- will allow you to re-use your character.
Hmm...
Pages: 1 [2]