Tuesday
- 0 (0%)
Wednesday
- 0 (0%)
Thursday
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DnD Pathfinder Adventure: The Tomb  (Read 1786 times)

ThatOneGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • And you are?
    • View Profile
DnD Pathfinder Adventure: The Tomb
« on: June 04, 2013, 09:11:07 pm »

So I've been running this Pathfinder Adventure, and we just reached the threshold point of the game (meaning new players are able to join in without being completely confused).

Story
The group of adventures finds themselves in a cave, the entrance covered in boulders, and ahead of them a strange path leading through the rock. To what? They will only know through...ADVENTURE.

Originally employed to get rid of the 'wolves' living in the area by the local Baron, the adventurers have found themselves trapped in the cave they thought these 'wolves' might be living in. Accompanied by the rumors they heard of warlocks, witches, and zombies, this is probably not the best place to be, but alas, its what your stuck with. Now you must find your way out, and try to finish that nice job the Baron wanted you to do...or maybe you'll find something -better- in the deep dark caves...

The party tracked through The Caves, meeting an elderly chap named Do'en No'tter who apparently was in control of this cave and wanted the party of adventurers to find their way out (if possible) or die trying in some gruesome way. They eventually got through the cave, heading downward to Do'en's inner-sanctum where they met the long dead King Val'mar who Do'en was keeping alive. Val'mar employed them to kill Do'en, and he would help them get out. As they continued, they met Baldur, the conqueror of the lord-werewolf they met earlier. He, with his band of warriors, had the adventurers solve the door puzzle into the Inner Sanctum where they fought several demons before Baldur and his men were obliterated, and the party transported into Do'en's Dungeon.

They met an old man who needed two things in the Dungeon, leading them to kill its Warden, and pet spider. The old man opened a way out for them, where they met the Saint Yeba Obelk, one of the most renowned historical figure who is buried in these Tombs. He tells of how his spirit was awoken by a great darkness, and that he needs the parties help to bring him back. Otherwise, he can't help them defeat the Lich King Kro'mar, now known as Do'en Notter.

The party tracks through the Vampire Cove Tomb, eventually getting to the tomb of a Vampire King whom the Fire Demon Ragnaros helps them defeat, allowing the party to retrieve the heart that -also- enabled them to revive the Saint's body.

After reviving the Saint, he sent them back in time 2466 years to Yer'haal so that they could kill Kro'mar before he ever became a lich-king. This back-fired, and they were captured by a young, and powerful King Val'mar who needs their help in defeating a coven of Plague Demons with his Supreme Battle Mage Kro'mar, who also now owns them as his slaves.

THIS IS WHERE YOU ARE~~~~

The Tomb takes place on the world of Aerlas'n
The current year is A.N.E. (After New Empire) 760.
 B.N.E(Before New Empire) is the age before the Chormodian Empire rose to power, and gained control of most of the known lands. It currently rules its Empire with the Til'ar Kingdom to the South,  the Rhu'neas people to the East, and the Northern Lands to the North(obviously). The Tomb is allocated in South-Western Chormordia(Chormordian Empire). It was the location of the long abandoned 'Yer'haal' ruins, a large city in the long dead civilization of Athmoria, a civilization that was thought to have been destroyed 1500 years ago. It is also the location of the burial of several Saints and Sorcerers of old.

The races have begun to live together in cities, instead of being separated by Racial-Kingdoms which were basically destroyed at the end of B.N.E.. This is primarily shown in the current Emperor of Chormordia, Malin, the Dwarf.

Currently, the general idea is that the world is flat, and there is no other side.

There are 9 months in the The Tomb world, 40 days each; 360 days in total:
Early Morn
Seed
Late Seed
Mid-Time
Sun's Tinge
Late Sun
Early Sleep
Jural
End-Jural

Jural is a time of the year celebrating the passing of the year, and the hopes of a wonderful next year. It lasts for two months, and is full of festivities around the known-lands.

Game will be running off of Pathfinder. Before using any third-party source books or magical-ness, OR races, etc etc; bring it to me. This is a full adventure, not a one-shot.

OTHER RULES:

Starting Level: 7
Starting Gold to Spend BEFORE Adventure(won't be spending much after...): 400gp
Basic DnD character creation, yada yada yada
Expect DEATH, and pain, and possibly ZOMBIES~

Use Myth Weavers and Roll20 Virtual Tabletop Session That I Made to join this. Post any questions you may have, HERE, or ask me in IRC. Toodles~

APPROVED CHARACTERS:
Chester - Botanist
Cotillion and his rat familiar - Spectre  Rat
Euwic Underfoot, the Human Ranger (Asanadas)
Azare Siraj, Human Rogue - (Mister Fox)
Wilbert Magnafizz, the Gnome Fighter (Master of Apples)
Aralynn Hawklight, Human Cleric, (SniperYeti)
Lenov the Esoteric, Human Wizard, (Forky)
Almarth Coldiron, Duergar Cleric (Weirdsound)

Schedules will be posted later.

Also, this will be occurring in IRC channels.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:14:27 pm by ThatOneGuy »
Hmm...

BPOil

• Escaped Lunatic
  • We're sorry.
    • View Profile
Re: DnD Pathfinder Adventure: The Tomb
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 09:25:05 pm »

Branching hallways: The Game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 09:25:28 pm »

Are those "approved characters" characters new players can choose from, or characters from active players and we make new ones?
If the latter, how does a gnomish alchemist sound?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BPOil

• Escaped Lunatic
  • We're sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 09:29:58 pm »

Literally only me (Chester) and Azare. Everyone else has not attended past the first session, I'm serious.

EDIT: Hurf durf, I'm wrong. People attended the second session, too. No one but me and Azare has attended since.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:32:32 pm by BPOil »

ThatOneGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • And you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 09:41:21 pm »

Those are the approved characters for other players. You can create whoever you like, as long as it pertains to the rules.

You must also roleplay and stuff.
Hmm...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 11:22:22 pm »

I might join. I've been trying to get into a 3.5 or pathfinder game for the longest time. Its a system I need to learn.

ThatOneGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • And you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 01:52:02 pm »

The current time for this adventure is

Mondays, 4(or)5 PM EST
Hmm...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 06:37:19 pm »

How should abilities be determined?

Also, Character Sheet Under Construction!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 07:51:21 am »

Would I be allowed to play a Duergar by any chance? (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/RacesDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Duergar)

If so could I take the Foargemaster Cleric Archtype that says dwarf only. Duergar are a kind of dwarf after all...

ThatOneGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • And you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 02:06:52 pm »

Sure and Sure (to Weirdsound).

Abilities are determined normally, 4d6 drop low.
Hmm...

ThatOneGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • And you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 05:46:14 pm »

So, some basic news:

Monday, June 10th, at 9PM GMT, is the current time for the session coming up.

It will be held on the #tomb IRC-Channel, hosted on Sorcery.
There's is no bot, so we'll be using gameserv (/gs roll 1d20 #tomb).
Hmm...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 06:09:40 pm »

Not 100% sure I'll have my character done by them, but if I do, that'll work for me.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 10:07:44 pm »

I'm suffering a major roadblock from not knowing how to calculate ability scores.
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 11:17:25 pm »

I think your supposed to use a random generator like this one:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores/random-ability-score-generator

ThatOneGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • And you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 11:50:53 pm »

Basically, all you need to do is roll a d6 4 times, then drop the lowest one and add the others together.
Like this:

"Jim rolled: 4 5 4 3. Jim needs to drop 3 because it's the lowest. Jim ends up with 4 5 4. Jim then adds them together and gets 13. Jim then puts that into STR or whatever."

The thing that Weirdsound posted is also, very useful.

Such things as Redblade (or whatever it's called) and: http://www.pathguy.com/PathfinderCore.htm can be useful for character creation.
Hmm...
Pages: [1] 2