Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF: Breath of !!Magma!!  (Read 584 times)

Langolier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF: Breath of !!Magma!!
« on: April 05, 2013, 02:44:59 pm »

Hey all, so I've had this idea after delving into my stash of old RPGs last week. I'm working on a Breath of Fire mod. It will encompass all the games with a tiny touch of my own herbs and spices thrown in. I just figured I'd throw this out there to see if it sparks anybody's interest. The work has been easy and quick so far, but I'm still dabbling in the art of modding.

For the moment I've copied some things, especially the magic spells I have in, from other mods just so I can work with them and learn how to make one from scratch.

The master plan, as it stands:

Races:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Weapons:

Wild Creatures:

Secrets:

Semimegabeasts

Megabeasts:

Materials:

Dorfs:

And that's it for now. Comments and/or criticism is appreciated, or ideas and suggestions. If you're a BoF fan and I got something wrong, feel free to point it out.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: DF: Breath of !!Magma!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 03:28:10 pm »

I've always heard of the game, never played it. This looks like a fun project, watching to see how this progresses, might offer advice and help every now and then.

good luck

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
Re: DF: Breath of !!Magma!!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 04:31:34 pm »

Those secrets are extremely easy to make, you can use FTN as a template if you're unsure of how. The people won't build towers unless they can make zombies of some kind though (techically they need something with ANIMATE, which gives some wiggle room) The weapons aren't too bad either, though they may require some testing. Beasts shouldn't be too hard, though "true" ice damage is annoying as hell to get working, but there's a template for some interactions somewhere on this forum that emulate it. Electric damage is also hard to do, but can be emulated with custom materials. I'd suggest maybe adding some miscellaneous reactions to produce temporary spell interactions, throwing fireballs and moving at warp speed is always fun.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0