Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RAZORMETALS: OH BEEPERS WE'VE STRUCK DINOSAUR (overseers needed)  (Read 1429 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile

I have decided that a community fortress isn't the thing for me, as I can't really keep it up. Therefore...
SUCCESSION FORTRESS! FOR THE DAHRNOSAUWRS!

1. No dinosaurs on embark.
2. If you are gone for 3 days without explanation, and it's your turn, then the next-in-line has permission to take over. If there is no next-in-line, I'll take a turn.
3. Screwing over the elves and humans is allowed. Screwing over the dwarves for no good reason is not allowed.
4. WE MUST HAVE DAHRNOSAUWRS. This means that all doomsday devices must be reasonably contained, and allow dinosaurs to enter the map safely.

THE LIIIIIIST:
Overseer 1: Eotyrannus, dorfed as "Sir Dahrnosauwr"- Turn in progress
Overseer 2: Yuli Vlasi
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 12:22:34 pm by Eotyrannus »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RAZORMETALS: OH BEEPERS WE'VE STRUCK DINOSAUR (overseers needed)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:47:53 am »

In the start of the third year of existence, there was a civilisation of dwarves known as the Handle of Skunks. The other dwarves hid within their mountainhomes to slowly chip the rocks away, leaving the future open to having the grandest dwarven fortress of all.
The Skunks, though, were far more dwarfy. After building a basic hole in the rock, they instantly decided to throw spare dwarves (in sets of 7, of course) all over the region.
On a remote corner, near the region's edge, there was a grassland rich with ore and flux. This was the site where the dwarven fortress, Razormetals, would be created. And so, it began...

YEAR 2, DIARY OF "SIR DAHRNOSAUWR" ESTEEMEDPADDLES

We've been chosen to go to a random grassland in the middle of nowhere. I really don't see why we shouldn't just focus on the mountainhome instead, like the Fortitudes of Trade and the other dwarves. Fortunately, it's a good spot (unlike those poor dwarves who got sent to a terrifying land of zombie carp...), so this should be relatively safe.
They do, however, speak of flesh-eating beasts as large as an elephant. We were also told, rather ominously, to dig in fast 'ere the Quetzalcoatlus get hungry'.
I just want to know what the eff a Quetzalcoatlus is. We've all made some theories, and I bet it's some sort of fish. Like a sturgeon, except worse...

YEAR 3, DIARY OF "SIR DAHRNOSAUWR" ESTEEMEDPADDLES

Well, we've made it safely to the grassland. It's cold, it's snowy, and we can see some ostriches or emus or something in the distance. I have no idea what they're doing all the way out here, but whatever.
Might as well introduce myself, in case this diary becomes a historical artefact or something. I am Datan Sir Dahrnosauwr Ostathiden. I love red pandas for their large striped tails, leopard seals for their meat, and hate toads. Blech toads... I'm an animal trainer, although there's not really much to train out here.
I worship Tithleth so hard that I worship Tithleth twice. I'm not even sure how I do that, but I do. (note: yes, it does say that he worships Tithleth twice in his bio)
For our livestock, we have a male cat, a female kitten, two bulls, a pig boar and five pig sows. Remind me to set up a cheese industry.

Our expedition leader is Logem Granitearches. He worships Kudust and Logem (he has repeatedly told us he's not just pretending to worship himself, although we still tease him about it). He loves chickens and oppossums, and hates bats. He is a miner, mainly.

Zuntir Twinklefortress is our second miner. We love to tease him, as he has long hair, a high-pitched voice and is rather small (as well as having a ridiculously girly name). He knows it's all good-natured jest, though, and always gets his own back. He loves geese, and hates jumping spiders. He worships Nosim and Kudust.

Doren Steellimbs is our woodworker. She's tough as nails, although she takes a while to heal, and loves rose gold. She hates fire snakes, and worships Nosim and Tithleth.

Morul Strickenbanner is our mason. She faithfully worships Nosim, although she isn't as good to Tithleth. She loves buckets and hates oysters.

Iton Bluntarmor is the resident butcher. He worships As Heartbranded and Nosim. He loves porcupines, and hates bats.

Finally, our planter, Tun Charmhatchets. He loves adamantine (even if no one even knows what that is, although he tells us 'you'll know when you find it') and hates snails. He's just as confusing as me, because he worships Kudust AND Kudust...

And so, we have our ragtag bunch of misfits, sort of prepared but not quite willing to take on the world!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: RAZORMETALS: OH BEEPERS WE'VE STRUCK DINOSAUR (overseers needed)
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:57:31 am »

PTW
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 10:15:45 am »

DIARY OF SIR DAHRNOSAUWR, 1ST GRANITE to 26TH SLATE

Phew, it's been a bit hectic, but we're now a bit less exposed to the wilds! We deconstructed the wagon, and our supplies are now in a pit, after some clever use of cave-ins.
While we were doing this, however, it turned out that those flightless birds in the distance weren't like any bird we'd seen before, as they had claws on their arms. We were quite weirded out, although they didn't get close enough for us to be REALLY worried.
Everyone was generally content to wander around for a bit while the miners dug out a basic area for a field. We decided to make four different areas in the field, which Tun made one at a time. We'd have a quarter for plump helmets (because really, plump helmets and dwarven wine are a staple), a quarter for cave wheat and plump helmets, a quarter for pig tails and helmets, and another for sweet pods and... guess what? helmets.
The meeting hall was built, as well as a still, butcher's, farmer's workshop (for pig cheese) and kitchen, so we should be alright when it comes to food and drink. An area for the stone stockpile was made, and a floor was left open for the 'everything else' stockpiles. We expanded the food stockpile slightly, and put the cats in it.
It was ordered that the meeting hall be smoothed out. No one actually knows how to smooth a wall, so we just gave Strickenbanner the job. During the time of 'durp can't be bothered', I decided I'd become a broker until we found a better one.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 12:18:53 pm »

FOR THE DAHRNOSAUWRS!
4. WE MUST HAVE DAHRNOSAUWRS. This means that all doomsday devices must be reasonably contained, and allow dinosaurs to enter the map safely.
wat

Phew, it's been a bit hectic, but we're now a bit less exposed to the wilds! We deconstructed the wagon, and our supplies are now in a pit, after some clever use of cave-ins.
wat

While we were doing this, however, it turned out that those flightless birds in the distance weren't like any bird we'd seen before, as they had claws on their arms.
While we were doing this, however, it turned out that those flightless birds in the distance weren't like any bird we'd seen before, as they had claws on their arms.
wat

Dude, I'm so signing up on this. Put me on the list.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 12:21:50 pm »

FOR THE DAHRNOSAUWRS!
wat

wat

wat

Dude, I'm so signing up on this. Put me on the list.

All dinosaurs must be freshly caught dinosaurs, therefore no bringing Compies and Protos along.

I deconstructed the caravan and dropped the supplies a few feet.

Dwarves see fluffy bird-shaped thing. Dwarves call it bird with claws on their arms.

YUSH, SOMEONE TO EVENTUALLY BE EATEN BY TYRANNOSAURUS AN OVERSEER! You may choose your dorf when it's your turn.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 12:23:00 pm »

Rawr.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 12:12:38 pm »

Soooo....
No dahrnosauwrs?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 03:17:55 pm »

Dahrnosauwrs. However, this is the average state of virtually anything I do. I've got a spec-evo project where I make dahrnosauwrs and other creatures for an alternate universe, and the average update time is quite a bit over about two months.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 01:59:01 am »

I have no idea what is going on.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 07:12:03 am »

Dahrnosauwrs. However, this is the average state of virtually anything I do. I've got a spec-evo project where I make dahrnosauwrs and other creatures for an alternate universe, and the average update time is quite a bit over about two months.
I'll be waiting.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 12:09:45 pm »

DIARY OF SIR DAHRNOSAUWR, 7TH FELSITE-15TH FELSITE
In my boredom, I decided that being a bookkeeper as well couldn't hurt. I decided to use medium precision, and then told the others to go dig me an office and get me a chair to use. And a table, too, in case I wanted to eat on the job. To do that, we needed a bit of carpentry, so we decided to dig a hole near the farms for it.
To do that, we needed trees, and decided to get a few outdoor crops while we were at it (hey, might get something nice, mightn't we?). And if we wanted somewhere for the alcohol, we needed a stone stockpile and a mason's, for the pots. (far easier to make pots than to make barrels, we can use ALL the stone)
The sweet pods were being harvested as well. A few plump helmets had been grown, too, but we needed to still some if we wanted to get the spawn.
I should probably wait a bit more time between diary entries. Might give a bit more to write about.