Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten Dwarf?  (Read 1562 times)

mastodon871

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Forgotten Dwarf?
« on: March 20, 2013, 12:11:21 am »

I had no idea such a thing was even possible. Might it be a bug?

Anyhow, this guy is going on central display in my grand ale hall, as soon as I catch the bugger.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Dwarf?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 12:20:34 am »

It is a weredwarf that arrived in the wrong moon phase and appeared in his dwarven form instead of his monster form. A bug.
He will run off the map shortly after he arrived.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 02:54:07 am »

It's kind of hilarious when it happens. I imagine all of the alarms being rung and dwarves panicking as they hear that a merciless night creature has arrived, then the military being deployed to beat a terrified peasant to death.

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 12:25:42 pm »

It happens sometimes... just a usual werebeast. In fact, all werebeasts I got so far appeared that way. One was just a peasant and the others were some animals that turned into humanoids a few ticks after entering the map. Only one did serious damage, because I sent my whole military outside to catch him and a goblin ambush appeared at the main gate that very moment.
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

mastodon871

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 12:57:42 pm »

Well, I'm a bit disappointed, really. I was hoping (read:fearing) that under certain circumstances, legendary military dwarves could somehow become forgotten beasts.

So, I caged him and put him on display (might be a mistake, parties started immediately). This leads me to a question though: I know feeding caged dwarves is bugged, but as an FB, does this guy even need food? I only ask because I want to keep him for display, and possibly !!SCIENCE!!, since I've never had a good opportunity to play with werecreatures.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 02:22:35 pm »

he's not a forgotten beast.  he's a were-creature.  soon, you will get titans and giants and ettins and dragons, hydras and rocs.  they are not forgotten beasts either.  just because it's a red warning, doesn't mean it's a forgotten beast.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 02:57:35 pm »

Actually I think he is a bugged titan. I had this happen to me in a fort before were-creatures were in the game. This is an old bug but a fun one. I think I just killed mine when I got him.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 02:20:54 am »

Actually I think he is a bugged titan. I had this happen to me in a fort before were-creatures were in the game. This is an old bug but a fun one. I think I just killed mine when I got him.
Werebeasts aren't Titans, simply confused, naked people with supernatural curses.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 02:54:23 am »

Werebeasts aren't Titans, simply confused, naked people with supernatural curses.

>Insert obligatory Twilight joke<

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 03:18:43 pm »

It is funny because >Twilight joke<

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 05:30:33 pm »

Ha! I laugh at that every time.

In all seriousness, I laugh at this every time it happens to me. A naked, terrified person being announced like he's a minotaur in an arena immediately running away.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 05:43:07 pm »

Ha! I laugh at that every time.

In all seriousness, I laugh at this every time it happens to me. A naked, terrified person being announced like he's a minotaur in an arena immediately running away.

You just know for every Dwarf that's laughing at this scraggly naked fellow, there's a Dwarf huddled terrified underneath their saguaro-tree bed.

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 07:42:14 am »

You just know for every Dwarf that's laughing at this scraggly naked fellow, there's a Dwarf huddled terrified underneath their saguaro-tree bed.

Clutching a full pot of dwarven wine to their beard..

Mishrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 09:46:49 am »

Sigworthy :D