Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Little Fortress: Lions are Magic Community fortress: Whiskeredscorch  (Read 1336 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile

In the beginning of the year 125, the lions of the Manor of Strategy were feasting once more. Another victory had been achieved over the Zebras of the Absolute Grasses, and at last the fools were no more.

Towards the great war lord stepped a sphinx, who dropped to his knees, and in the tradition of the Lions, said "Father, on bended knee I ask thee: raise thy eyes. We, the sons of Acal await thy command. Born under the sign of the lightning do we stand and here we all may die, with our blood on the ground. Let the battle horns sound. Let thy Griffons fly!"

The war lord acknowledged the sphinx, an unblooded male. "What is it thy request, O my son?"

"Father, thy unchallengable rule is mighty! But mightier still it would be, O my father, if thy armies were to establish a new outpost on this river, to prevent thy enemy from accessing the resources here. O my father, thy son beg of thee the opportunity to found an outpost there."

At this, there was much talking through the room. An unblooded, to lead an expedition of the sort? It was unheard of!

But the war lord pondered the idea, and found it to his liking. "Very well, O my son. Thy wish is granted. Take thy pick of the unblooded here, and the blessing of Acal be upon you."

The sphinx nodded, bowed once more, and left the room.

A month later, they had arrived at the location for the outpost, by the traditional method to be called Whiskeredscorch. The group, who had taken to calling themselves 'The Comet Star', in honour of their patron, Acal, consisted of three males, four females. Of the males, there were two sphinxes, and one griffon. Of the females, there was one griffon, two manticores and one sphinx.

The leader, by the name of Seneor, had organised them well. The two manticores had been relegated to mining, to dig out the fortress which would hold supplies as well as providing a last defence, should it be necessary. The other two sphinxes had been told to deforest the area. The last thing they needed was an enemy ambush to come through the trees. The griffons were the builders and butcherers for now, and he was the hunter. He fiddled with the bow in his hand, and prepared for the hunt.

---

Rightio. We don't want any insane antics here. Those are for Glitterglen. Otherwise it should be a typical community fortress.

It's running the MLF mod, with a few changes. Firstly, as befits the warrior society of the lions, all militia captains, and the commander himself, are exempted from punishments. The lions also have the ability to mine and refine metal.

Lions list:

• Seneor, male Sphinx hunter
  • Unnamed female manticore miner
  • Unnamed female manticore miner
  • Unnamed female griffon carpenter
  • Unnamed female sphinx woodcutter
  • Vance Contrast male sphinx woodcutter
  • Dansel the Amazing male griffon mason
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 02:26:10 pm by Dsarker »
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Lions are Magic Community fortress: Whiskeredscorch
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 10:14:44 am »

I'll take the Mason
Name him Dansel the amazing.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 02:03:37 pm »

I CALL THE WOODCUTTER! Name him Vance Contrast!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 02:52:08 pm »

Posting to watch and maybe join shortly.  I'm more of a pony than a lion, but maybe I could be persuaded otherwise.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 03:29:13 pm »

Seneor's diary

2nd of Granite

We've arrived. This place was marked temperate on the maps, but there is snow everywhere! It's a good thing we're tough enough to endure it, but there is no water. We're going to have to dig out a reservoir when summer hits, or we could be facing death out here.

7th of Granite.

Snow storm again today. Miners are slow, too slow. I'm still hunting, but there are only tanks out here. Not enough to keep a growing population fed. It's a good thing we've got enough turkeys to keep us fed.

16th of Granite

The miners are digging out a dining room and a pen for the birds now. Still not a  single kill. Those tanks are harder than you might think.

25th of Granite

Got one! Time for a feast, methinks! I've taken Dansel the Amazing of hauling duties so he can butcher the beast. This should be good.

1st of Slate

Snow still hasn't melted. This could be very bad. We'll need to start the brewery operation sooner than expected if this goes on. In other news, the tanks have left. A bunch of dirty apes came in, but they'll be no more than a light snack.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 04:21:48 pm »

Posting to watch.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 06:33:32 pm »

Also posting to watch. Will probably claim a lion after the first or second migrant wave presents more choices.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 09:38:39 pm »

Seneor's Diary

9th Slate

We've started the farm project now, but still have nolion with time to tend it. We'll have to hope the booze lasts until the migrants we were promised arrive.

It's still snowing. 

12th Slate

The weather cleared, just in time for me to return with another kill. Vance Contrast is still acting distant from everylion, and the mason is keeping to himself except for the female miner Islas. Islas is quite friendly, as it turns out. Only Vance isn't friends with her. The other miner is pretty distant, though.

I've ordered beds, tables and chairs to be made. Time to get the dining room furnished. In other news, more tanks have appeared. I've ordered some training weapons to be made for practice on them.

19th Slate.

The snow has melted. I doubt we have the time to build a reservoir this year, but maybe we will. As the goddess wills. 

The next few pages are marked with blood.

1st Felsite

Oh...okay....that was....not as planned. Damned tank got very angry. I've gotten back to base camp, but I'm going to need to rest this off. Damned beast.

15th Felsite

I'm really liking this bow....

Still digging out the well for the hospital. I'm getting better now, though.

25th Felsite

They've finished setting up the meeting hall.  I'm healing up reasonably well. Still don't know much of what is happening.  

6th Hematite

I've ordered Das to start making mechanisms. We've got to get a way to fill up the well in the hospital more easily. Pumping some of the river to it should help.  We'll also need floodgates and a grate. I can't wait to get up and back to hunting.

21st Hematite

Migrants arrived. 

One male sphinx armourer, one male griffon cook, a legendary female griffon woodcrafter, one female griffon diagnostician.  Let's hope that'll be enough.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 08:12:43 pm »

I'll claim the female sphinx woodcutter.
Name: Neologos
Profession: Riddler
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 07:37:44 am »

Can I have the Armorer?
Name: Xaren
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 05:00:43 pm »

Claiming the griffon cook, name him Drakkar.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 07:49:31 am »

I hope this place isn't dead. That would kinda suck.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 08:15:03 am »

I hope this place isn't dead. That would kinda suck.
The thread was made over a year ago. So yes, it is dead.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 08:49:17 am »

How unfortunate. Oh, well :(