Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: SanDiego's realistic tissue rebalance  (Read 26226 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: SanDiego's realistic tissue rebalance
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2012, 09:59:08 am »

Hey, sorry to necro, but I'd like to say that this is a great addition to ways to cause PAIN in DF, and I think it's awesome!
However, errorlog shows a bunch of creatures with things like
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And that's just the first few, the whole errorlog is spammed with these.
Is this because you didn't add tissue thickness for these animals? Or were they not released yet? Because there are animals like dogs, cats and sheep that show up with this problem too.
Some help, please?  :-\

If you'll notice, it's just tongues, as tongues were added in 34.01.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: SanDiego's realistic tissue rebalance
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2012, 10:22:31 am »

I would like to recommend that SanDiego read this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=116151.0 as we discovered many new tissue/material property things along the way.

Something that I haven't mentioned anywhere before is about pain. In vanilla, flesh wounds tend to get 15 and bone wounds tend to get 150 pain initially (this is per tissue layer).

The actual method is:
1. Take the value from [PAIN_RECEPTORS]
2. If the wound is only bruising, use 1x pain. If the wound includes denting, use 2x pain. If the wound involves cutting or smashing, use 3x pain.
3. Add pain to pain counter. If pain is above some unknown threshold (influenced by willpower etc.) creature may go unconscious.

EDIT: you can use DFHack to look at the wounds data structure of an injured creature to see bleeding, pain, etc.
https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/blob/master/df.units.xml#L1048
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 11:10:56 pm by Urist Da Vinci »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]