Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A more dangerous world, please?  (Read 3602 times)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
Re: A more dangerous world, please?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 09:21:14 am »

Increasing the number of caves seem to stop the world from being generated at the river stage. Wtf
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 09:53:52 pm »

Increasing the number of caves seem to stop the world from being generated at the river stage. Wtf

This is probably because the game runs out of places to put them.  Try altering Max Megabeasts Caves instead of mountain/non-mountain caves.

Unless that's what you were doing, then I dunno.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

BinaryBeast1010011010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 03:16:08 am »

I say go for defense mod, it solved the problem for me. Once I embarked without any weaponizable metal and my only metal source was the invader's stuff. Blessed be these tigermen.
Afterward I learnt about the giant axe blade trick and nowadays I embark with one steel bar.
cant stop playing DF?
 : (){ :|:& };:

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 07:28:49 pm »

I added in several different hostile civiliations. I just copied the entry in the entities file, gave it a slightly different name, and voila. Extra sieges.

There's regular goblins, icegoblins, desertgoblins, forestgoblins, savannagoblins, etc. Each goblin civilization will bring different mounts, depending on where they're from. Be sure you also adjust what biomes the new civilization lives in.

Then I do the same thing with elves and humans. Add in the [babysnatcher] tag and set them to live in different biomes, and there are even more sieges to be had.

And on top of all of this, I embark within range of a tower. Fun times!  :D

Individually these creatures are relatively weak, but they make up for it with endless hordes that never stop. And to counter this, I do not use any traps at all. I wall off the entire edge of the map except for a small portion using raised drawbridges. Then I build a barracks at the entrance and station all of my soldiers there. I pave the ground with stone blocks, and then let the games begin.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 10:56:02 pm »

The continually updated Fallout: Equestria mod is absolutely hellish.
Pages: 1 [2]