Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Worldwide undead  (Read 2554 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Worldwide undead
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 08:55:19 pm »

Those are all very good suggestions.  If I decide to go with general undead I may just have the corpses disappear like that to be replaced by a ghost or wraith for example.  Lacking the variation between sources would suck though.  :(

The syndrome to prevent reanimation sounds like a great idea too.  I was considering changing the interaction to use [FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION] instead of [FIT_FOR_ANIMATION], which supposedly would prevent the worst abuses of the reanimation with random hands and skins killing people.  I also planned to remove [NOTHOUGHT] and [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT] to allow destroying the undead by destroying their brains, but I don't know what this will do once the interaction kicks in.  Would the corpses reanimate to just die again immediately if their brain was destroyed?

By the way, it's not possible for a region to have multiple interaction effects like that, right?  So I couldn't have both the ghost and zombie reanimation happening in the same region?  I suppose the emission or rain based interactions could happen on the same region, but it would be a crapshoot.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Worldwide undead
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 04:00:19 pm »

The syndrome to prevent reanimation sounds like a great idea too.  I was considering changing the interaction to use [FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION] instead of [FIT_FOR_ANIMATION], which supposedly would prevent the worst abuses of the reanimation with random hands and skins killing people.  I also planned to remove [NOTHOUGHT] and [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT] to allow destroying the undead by destroying their brains, but I don't know what this will do once the interaction kicks in.  Would the corpses reanimate to just die again immediately if their brain was destroyed?
If a creature has no working THOUGH body parts and does not have those tags then it will fall down onto the ground, get the "wounded" symbol, and then attempt to suffocate to death. If it doesn't breathe then it will continue to crawl around like any other creature and can even fight, though I believe it counts all attacks as "disableD" so that it only uses the default push attack.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 [2]