Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Cube Land (Or: You are a Miner)  (Read 3248 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Cube Land (Or: You are a Miner)
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2013, 07:55:40 pm »

Gather saplings or seeds or cuttings of anything you think you can make grow at our to-be fortress. That blue tree in the jungle in particular looks interesting.
After,
Read more of the book about magic

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2013, 10:30:19 am »

Journal day 9:
I spent some time gathering every sort of seed and sapling I could find today, just to make sure I'll have access to plenty of wood no matter where I go. Ended up with a pretty decent selection I think.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As for the book on magic? I finally worked up the courage to take a closer look, and the moment I flipped past the first page a flash of light transformed the thing completely. It now refers to itself as the Thauminomicon, and seems to have imbued me with knowledge of basic alchemy in the process. I should be able to convert most anything into anything else, if I can get the proper catalysts built... Which, unfortunately, will require hunting down a number of the monsters that come out at night to collect their vital essences.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2013, 03:35:28 am »

the Blue saplings seem to be related to the Magic. Better plant them. behind the tower.
And the Tower seems to be a bit ... flimsy. Consider building supportpillars into the corners, widening them to a solid 2x2.

00xx00000000xx00
00xxxxxxxxxxxx00
000x00000000x000

where x are the cobble blocks.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]