Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Cube Land (Or: You are a Miner)  (Read 3250 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Cube Land (Or: You are a Miner)
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 05:43:34 pm »

Continue with the farm. You never know when the pigs start disappear.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 06:31:53 pm »

Build some outer walls surrounding the house and a moat around that. Remember to give the walls ramparts
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 07:35:19 pm »

Build some outer walls surrounding the house and a moat around that. Remember to give the walls ramparts
Make them out of dirt, so you can destroy or remake them easily.

Also consider not making a door, and just digging your way out.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 07:38:09 pm »

Ooh! PTW.
Shouldn't this be in Play With Your Buddies?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 08:32:03 pm »

Shouldn't this be in Play With Your Buddies?
((...potentially? I'll admit, I'm not entirely clear on the distinction. I put it here because I'm running it as a suggestion game.))

Journal Day 3:
I spent the morning getting a simple farm set up. It isn't much, but as long as nothing eats it, it should be enough to make sure I don't starve. I think that's the last of the essentials handled! Now I can try and actually figure out where I am, though there's still a few more things I think I should do first...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm just going to spend the day gathering materials to get that wall built, maybe route some water from the nearby river into a moat, and...
...What the hell is that? A closer look reveals an old and faded book at the top of the strange monolith, filled with diagrams and instructions on performing magic of every imaginable kind. A quick test on a pig (don't ask) reveals the book's contents to be completely real, but I'm not certain if it's really worth the risk, meddling in forces I don't begin to understand like this.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 08:46:27 pm »

It seems SGy enough to keep here unless Toady advises otherwise.

Store the book. Dig up some dirt to make a moat and some dirt walls.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 02:14:16 pm »

Journal Night 3:
Right. Deciding the arcane is best left alone for now, I quickly throw together a simple storage bin and place it next to the bed, complete with the strange book inside. The moat and walls took most of the day and a few risky hours of the night, but I'm pretty pleased with the end result - I put a few more torches down just to be sure, but I don't think any monsters are getting in here!
Welp, back to being almost out of resources. I do still have plenty of wood though, and stone or metal would be easy enough to get... well, unless those monsters are infesting the caves as well, I haven't had the nerve to check yet.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2013, 02:59:13 pm »

Hmmmm...actually. I wold drain the moat and leave a pit. Monsters can float dontchaknow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2013, 07:43:53 pm »

Hmmmm...actually. I wold drain the moat and leave a pit. Monsters can float dontchaknow.
-1, I don't think mobs pathfind through water.

Instead, work on a door and perhaps mine some.
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2013, 07:45:46 pm »

Specifically, a quarry would be good in this situation.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2013, 08:26:28 pm »

But this way we can expand it into a mob grinder in the future. Also some mobs might fall in, due to accident or "our" shots.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2013, 09:27:46 pm »

Couldn't we make a mob grinder some other time or some other place? Like in a specially-created gap in the perimeter wall?
Sig

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 06:18:58 pm »

Journal Day 4:
I'm still not completely sure what I think about the moat, but decided to leave it in place for the moment. It's certainly better than nothing after all. Instead, I spent the day mining myself out a quarry for more building materials. A lot of mining.
A lot of mining.
A lot of mining. I think I have enough rock to last me forever, not to mention some iron, tin, copper, and some weird crystals. Getting dark now though, so I should probably get back inside quick - spotted a few tall black things in the cave I broke into, and I don't want to risk that without some armor or something at least.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2013, 06:34:36 pm »

Those crystals and the dust look like they're related, and they came from the same rocks. Maybe they're connected? Investigate.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2013, 06:39:30 pm »

Build a large tower mob spawner with all the stone.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4