Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Already dead Quest enemy?  (Read 1520 times)

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
Already dead Quest enemy?
« on: September 11, 2012, 06:48:58 pm »

I went to a lair to kill a Sea Monster and it was dead along with one other, The hell happened?

Edit1:
Here is the legends:

How does a sea monster drown, More importantly... How did he get back to his lair?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 07:16:22 pm by Hurize »
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Already dead Quest enemy?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 03:09:52 am »

afaik seamonsters drown in when they're not in the water
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 07:24:44 am »

I realize this, but how did this monster get inland, inside a small green patch of grass behind layers of mountains?

Also, My adventurer just lost his left hand... I am doomed.
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 10:58:16 am »

you could try to find a werecreature and get bitten, all limbs regrow upon transformation

as to how a seamonster got to take an inland lair...no clue... mods?
otherwise probably a worldgen anomaly
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 12:22:52 pm »

Oh man, that's great. When a wild animal kills a member of a civ, it goes and finds a lair, usually in a wilderness location. I think it's so questgivers will have a place to send you when they ask you to kill it.

What happened here, I think, is that the sea monster killed this guy, so it went to find a lair, but there aren't any underwater lairs in the game right now, so it walked inland and air-drowned.

Odd that it took four years for that to happen, though... what is this "Pineabyss" place? Is it a lair or a village?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 06:41:17 pm »

Yeah, that's happened to me too.  At one point I actually made it to the lair to find the sea monster alive.  I fought with it for a few turns, lopped off some fins, only to have it drown.

...I butchered it and used its scales to make a scalemail thong with Wanderer's Mod. :P

How does a sea monster drown, More importantly... How did he get back to his lair?

Magic.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 06:44:52 pm »

Oh man, that's great. When a wild animal kills a member of a civ, it goes and finds a lair, usually in a wilderness location. I think it's so questgivers will have a place to send you when they ask you to kill it.

What happened here, I think, is that the sea monster killed this guy, so it went to find a lair, but there aren't any underwater lairs in the game right now, so it walked inland and air-drowned.

Odd that it took four years for that to happen, though... what is this "Pineabyss" place? Is it a lair or a village?
Lair. It took four years because physics don't kick in until the player shows up.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 06:49:14 pm »

Yeah, once I had a band of goblins in the sewers. The full sewers.

The leader leapt out of his aquatic hiding place and immediately drowned in the river. I guess the sewers were full of magic water that only goblins can breathe.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 07:34:08 pm »

Yeah, once I had a band of goblins in the sewers. The full sewers.

The leader leapt out of his aquatic hiding place and immediately drowned in the river. I guess the sewers were full of magic water that only goblins can breathe.

I have that happen to me a lot, it's a real pissoff when you cant swim.

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 03:22:18 am »

Be thankful they do eventually end up dead. It's terrible when they ask you to kill Amphibian men in town sewers, because what this usually means is that you'll never find them. They seem to always be completely submerged in a completely sealed off sewer section, then I won't be able to get another quest from the general area cause they HAVE to have those amphibian men killed first.
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 09:04:08 pm »

Also, My adventurer just lost his left hand... I am doomed.
Nonsense. I've had an adventurer who was still highly successful even missing his left hand, his right arm and both legs as well as an eye.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 11:37:23 pm »

Legendary biting skill ftw

no seriously. I go around training biting by finding kobolds, removing enough limbs to render them harmless, then bite their limbs and digits off until they bleed out. Then go find another.

alternatively I guess I could powertrain against this stupid zombie hydra skin that's running around after me, but I want it gone first. :<
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread