Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Problems with an online relationship  (Read 1472 times)

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with an online relationship
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 08:53:00 pm »

And now you know firsthand why long distance relationships generally don't work.
Indeed.

How do you know you're in a relationship with them?  What differentiates interactions with them from those with other people you only know online?
Generally it has to do with cybering ;D
Nothing like that here. Then again, "generally" doesn't mean always, so...

No really, there's more than just physical intimacy when it comes to relationships, and you can do most the verbal communication through yon internets. If the attraction is between your personalities, then I'd say it's pretty much valid, if extremely risky and unstable. Personally I don't let it ever get past the "fun little fling" stage; anything more serious than that just won't work.
Bolded stuff. Again.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 09:56:19 pm »

Alright, normally I'd just edit the previous post, but...

Situation resolved, with exactly the right outcome I wanted. Close relationship broken, friendship maintained.

Thanks, everyone.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 10:12:08 pm »

Ah, excellent, assuming it stays that way xD
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 [2]