Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I have been diagnosed schizophremia.  (Read 2128 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: I have been diagnosed schizophremia.
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 03:10:42 pm »

Start writing science fiction novels. I've read all of Dick's books and I could use some more.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 03:29:44 pm »

What kind of pill? If it's an antipsychotic, it's probably to make your quality of life better. My best friend, the giant sparring partner, is schizophrenic. He says that when he takes his meds, he can "think without all of the extra noise". He describes day to day life as walking through a mall with the volume cranked to 11. I, personally, am on antidepressants, and they make life bearable.

So, from what I've seen, meds are a wonderful way to help, if you actually need them. It probably can't hurt too much to test it out.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 03:07:44 am »

Sorry guys.. went camping and had a depression. Parents flipped their shit on me and put limits on how much i can use my computer, wich is basically the reason why i am here, i mean, the computer pretty much defines my life. So without the computer i kind of get depressed.

I dont know what type of schizo, nor what pill, she didnt tell me, wich is fucking cheap.

Dreams:
I used to play guitar alot and i wanted to play in a band, but everyone hates me so thats not possibru. So i also like surgery alot(Modded a WxSand mod that included living creatures to also allow me to do surgeries on the creatures) but i also really like computers(Because i can basically express any of my desires through a computer simulation, music, aviation, engineering, biology, anatomy, spess etc.)

Lifestyle:
I want to move in with my girlfriend and live with her, run my own indie game thing and travel alot. Dunno how schizo will affect that.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 03:30:13 am »

Indie games eh?

Guys, we better prepare for the next Yume Nikki.

But no seriously if you have crazy dreams or something like that you should try to run with it as far as possible.

In fact I'm writing a novel that I have utilized lucid dreams to build the world. It feels like not having to work at all even though your brain is still thinking.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2012, 03:49:31 am »

Yeah, sounds like a pretty horrible life, honestly, i do not know much about all this, but i guess you can live a normal life, if you take the meds and just try to live an normal life?

Yeah, i do not have an easy life either, but we always be here for ya, chap.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 05:14:05 am »

I remember reading the memoirs of a person with psychological problems, but didn't know she had them until she was diagnosed with it. Long story short, the medicine saved her life, made everything so easy.

Then again, sometimes the people diagnosing you are the ones trying to sell you the cure. Your call.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 05:49:28 am »

I do infact have crazy, crazy dreams. Most
Of them are short fragments of everyday life, or really weird music videos set to music i got on my brain. Usually very thematic, like stoner metal and deep purple usually makes post apocalyptic deserty trucker/biker stuff, acid rock and jazz fusion makes wicked space stuff and Meshuggah's Catch 33 was basically an introspective journey into myself/underworld "incarceration"

I do have some really long dreams sometimes. Sometimes i spend indream days in this scifi world revolving around this crazy rainforest planet full of creepy, evolution gone awry kinda creatures thing.

When i was still christian, like i was 12, i had a dream where i died briefly to visit my dog in heaven. We hugged and then it told me that i still have lots of life to live and that i should return, woke up from a defib kinda shock.

Or that time when my pulse actually stopped and i had this crazy experience. Theese lyrics describe it best:

10. Shed

I float through physical thoughts. I stare down the abyss of organic dreams
All bets off, I plunge - Only to find that self is shed

10. Sublevels

Back again within myself
Asleep but aware i'm lost again
Every time i close my eyes
I enter the dream to which i'm strained
A sudden change into a state
Where life is dust
And everything flow
Circling above swirling seas
Of eyes upraised toward the unknown

Vapour masques in the leaden air
Unleashed by death in a grubby dawn
Vacant faces reflecting sorrow
Hidden inside senses disowned
A maze of glass shattered by thoughts
Of a faltered soul freed in bliss
Clouds disperse revealing shades
Tempting my soul i can't resist

A vision of morbidity
Of ragged silent shadows
Dressed in black disease
They're closing up on me
Peering lifeless weary eyes
They drag me down into
Another world inside of me

Paralyzed by the view
Hypnotized let me wake

Mesmerized by the flames as i return
Into myself a slow conversion a silent
Change i wake into the brightened day

I dunno if i actually "died" probably didnt because then i would be brain damaged today.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2012, 11:13:18 am »

From what I've seen, what you really need is a new doctor.  Also a psychatrist (so there will be more than "just a pill").

You and your current doctor don't get along, and it is affecting your treatment.

Plus, doctors are human, and sometimes make wrong diagnosis.  With something this serious, you at least deserve a second opinion.

I imagine the hardest part is going to be convincing your parents to obtain the second opinion and consultation with a second doctor.

Good luck.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2012, 05:08:27 pm »

I have a brother with paranoid schizophrenia.  He suffers from delusions where he swears people are spying on him in a variety of ways and he hears voices on a regular basis.  They're incredibly vivid apparently, he hears constant conversation around him wherever he goes, often involving (you guessed it) voices talking about spying on him, calling the police on him, stuff like that.  He also seems like he lost his common sense.  He doesn't understand that putting wet dishes in the cabinet prevents them from drying, or folding a towel wrong keeps it from drying, or that food can go bad or stale if left out on the counter all day.  He also doesn't clean his dishes until asked, and often has an attitude about it when you do.  He's also been telling the same jokes for the last 10 years, and seems like he doesn't understand certain social conventions like "when not to touch someone" or "this person isn't in the mood for bad jokes."

And this is him ON medication.  Without it, he was violent, had hallucinations that tried to attack him, often tried to run away from home, would flash into a rage at random, break things because he wanted to, attack family members at random, and would often stare into space for hours at a time, unresponsive.  So uh, I guess if aren't doing these sorts of things then you're not as bad off as it seems.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, schizophrenia comes in many levels of severity and varieties.  You may not have an especially bad version of it (especially if your school kept saying you were crazy from a young age and has kept you under lock and key) or maybe you don't have it at all?  Definitely find a different doctor that actually cares.

I've known other people who suffer from schizophrenia, and they lead surprisingly normal lives once they find the meds that work for them.  For one guy... I had no idea he had it because he acted 100% calm, normal, cool kinda person.

edit: I should note, we had to get him diagnosed BECAUSE of his unmedicated behavior.  He just woke up one day and apparently lost his mind.  So... schizophrenia doesn't just "begin" and then "get worse" over time, it hits like a brick wall out of nowhere.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2012, 06:10:10 am »

I used to be on antipsychotics (they told me dp, but were actually antidepressives. )
They made me drowsy and useless. Dad reckons that i was almost like a zombie. I dont want to be like a zombie.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 08:04:21 pm »

I have a friend who has quite severe schizophrenia.  He would just walk up and down the street with his head down. Then we started inviting him to our social gatherings and potlucks and things and he started becoming conversational and there seemed to be a real improvement. So I would suggest to you to find a few good friends that share your interest, maybe start a band if you like music. Then you can ask them and open up to them about this.  I realize that I am not speaking from any personal experience, but I hope this helps.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
Pages: 1 [2]