Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Star Command (Kickstarter) - Build a spaceship, recruit crew, kick alien asses  (Read 10542 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I went info hunting, since this game does look quite nice. The forums aren't that helpful since they don't post a lot over there. I then looked to the facebook page. The guys sure don't lack ambition. They partnered up with Zynga and want to have a in-game store, just like TF2 has. The technical term is IAP I believe. Anyway, this interview explains a bit more.

Loads of ambition. I hope they can deliver.

If I am reading this right the cost isn't so much the cost of making the game but the cost of building up their company so they can stand on their own two feet.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The problem is that they requested community funds to make a game, then diverted much of that to other efforts and now have their hand out again while never delivering anything except a business plan. I wish them luck, but more than that I hope they eventually come through for the people that trusted them enough to support the GAME they told us they were making.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile

The problem is that they requested community funds to make a game, then diverted much of that to other efforts and now have their hand out again while never delivering anything except a business plan. I wish them luck, but more than that I hope they eventually come through for the people that trusted them enough to support the GAME they told us they were making.
From what I've heard it was quite playable way back at PAX East and they still plan to deliver it by the end of the summer as originally stated. The extra PC stuff comes after that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

If it's released, I might get it.  I, unlike Neonivek, strongly dislike using "extra" stuff.  Something's wrong about using it.  I don't want a resurrect the dead room, and I really don't want a dog because it might be able to die and I'm irrationally averse to dogs getting hurt, even imaginary ones.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it's released, I might get it.  I, unlike Neonivek, strongly dislike using "extra" stuff.  Something's wrong about using it.  I don't want a resurrect the dead room, and I really don't want a dog because it might be able to die and I'm irrationally averse to dogs getting hurt, even imaginary ones.

It is more that I am strongly adverse to the knowledge that the game I am playing isn't the full game... Even if I would never use it.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The kickstarter reached their 100.000 goal. Now the waiting begins.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

$125k stretch goal for integration with Steamworks!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I WAS thinking about just waiting for it to come out for my Android, Which last I checked wasn't yet. Then I checked the Trailer vid, not the one on the Kickstarter, but the one further down or so. The final scene of the player sitting on the dunny while playing just cracked me up, cause who doesn't play his handheld games on the Ivory Throne all the time...
Then I threw 25 bucks at them... :P
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

bump!

anyone knows a release estimate for this? I want to throw moneys at them!

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pledge $10 or more
1356 Backers

• Star Command PC/Mac version...and nothing else. Gaming goodness.
Est. delivery: Oct 2012

so i would guess sometime this year.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Is that the release or the date they're starting their third kickstarter? :P

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is that the release or the date they're starting their third kickstarter? :P

The best guess is 5 weeks or so until the beta goes out for PC. They stated in their update on the 26th that they are done developing in a month and the beta will be out soon after, unless they have major bugs. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/starcommand/star-command-kickstart-part-2-the-pc-mac-space-adv/posts

The mobile version should have already been out but they claim to be adding content. However, I sincerely doubt that it will run on anything other than iphone initially. I love my droid, but the platform is a nightmare for testing and bugfixing.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 2 [3]