Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Utility question.  (Read 735 times)

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Utility question.
« on: September 21, 2012, 06:19:30 pm »

So I've noticed that a lot of folks around here use some sort of utility that gives you the mineral count for your map. Can someone please tell me what that program is called and where I can find it?
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Utility question.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 06:23:19 pm »

DFHack. Contain lots of other useful stuff too.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.0
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 06:24:50 pm »

DFHack. Contain lots of other useful stuff too.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.0

Wow. I never realized that all of those were from DFHack. thanks!
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 07:40:50 pm »

So I've noticed that a lot of folks around here use some sort of utility that gives you the mineral count for your map. Can someone please tell me what that program is called and where I can find it?

I just download the Lazy Newb Pack, which has lots of stuff already put together.  It does take a bit for it to update, after Toady releases a new version, though.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.