Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oh my...  (Read 4200 times)

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh my...
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 05:10:15 am »

You can verify in the raws that Stosbubespo translates to Hategift. Turns out I've had a cannibal locked up in my zoo the whole time! Now, what to do with her?
Looks like !!Science!! has to be performed.

I wonder, will she eat a fresh dwarf corpse if you were to free her? This requires testing.

I say release her in a pit and throw children or peasent after her. Possibly from a height high enough to kill them, unless dwarfplosion occurs. Other options is to send the kid through a danger corridor leading to her "chambers" (possibly with a set of floodgates to prevent either from escaping the pit), since children aren't really resistant to danger room.

Or simply chuck them in the same room and hope the child/peasant doesn't get a lucky shot.

Though, now that I think of it, do invaders even need food?

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 05:23:14 am »

Invaders don't normally eat, but I guess I can't totally rule out some sort of special attack. Maybe it counts as devouring if she kills a dwarf by biting off a part? I think I'll lock her up with some children and see what happens. If she somehow dies, well, death by child execution squad is a pretty solid punishment.

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 05:32:51 am »

Invaders don't normally eat, but I guess I can't totally rule out some sort of special attack. Maybe it counts as devouring if she kills a dwarf by biting off a part? I think I'll lock her up with some children and see what happens. If she somehow dies, well, death by child execution squad is a pretty solid punishment.
Wait, since the engravings say that she devoured them in a battle that happened in your fort, can you check if the body of the devoured dwarf is still around somewhere?

If not, "special attack" covers it.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 05:42:31 am »

It happened during worldgen, before my fort existed. I just noticed the title of the battle was the same in both engravings. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

It may be that devouring a creature in battle is only possible in worldgen. But either way, I want to give this particular dwarf "special treatment." I'm thinking of exposing her to syndrome dust and putting her back in the zoo.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 07:15:02 am »

My guess is vampire.
Vampires drain blood, they don't eat people.
My guess was that he's a member of a goblin or elven civ. Maybe kobold. It was elves, of course.
Devouring is a special worldgen action that elves and maybe kobolds/goblins do to their defeated enemies.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 07:35:37 am »

It's a shame it's not implemented in Dwarf mode :(

Think of how much it'd make cleaning easier!

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 11:08:27 am »

From memory here, since I'm not on my own computer right now, but I'm fairly sure goblins are okay with eating sapients.

Elves will only eat sapients that they kill in battle, whereas goblins are okay with it regardless of the source, IIRC.
Pages: 1 [2]