Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Body_transformation and CE_add_tag  (Read 2753 times)

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Body_transformation and CE_add_tag
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 10:19:29 am »

Why different syndromes - is that to ensure multiple effects? Could you have a mid transformation that that makes a creature with a secretion of a totally different syndrome causing liquid and do the transformation that way?

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 11:05:34 am »

The creature is immune to transformation syndromes while it's not in it's original form.

As for the op's question: where did you get that? All interaction examples add tags normal creatures don't have.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 11:41:38 am »

Yeah, that works as well... but cant really be used for anything, because both transformations come from the same syndrome. There is not a lot of practical use in Fortress mode for this.
You could have a dragonling turn into drake and later in a dragon. A mid-stage transformation for gameplay/fun purpose is always nice.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike The Earth Until It Bleeds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 12:22:24 am »

Let me make sure I understand this:
If, say, I want to make a poison that turns a person into a carp (so I can turn people into fish and make them suffocate on dry land), it's no good unless I add the tags necessary for fish-like behavior?  If that's the case, I may as well just make a poison that makes people unable to breath air, cut the transformation out completely.
Violence, Fire, And Duct Tape Have One Thing In Common: If They're Not Solving The Problem, Then You Need To Use More!
Dwarf Fortress: Proving That Violence IS The Answer Since 2002.
And a thought occurs: if you made soap out of those poison demon squirrels, wouldn't it dissolve your flesh when used?  I THINK WE HAVE OUR NEXT EXPORT TO THE ELVEN KINGDOMS, GENTLEMEN!!!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 03:16:16 am »

If, say, I want to make a poison that turns a person into a carp (so I can turn people into fish and make them suffocate on dry land), it's no good unless I add the tags necessary for fish-like behavior?  If that's the case, I may as well just make a poison that makes people unable to breath air, cut the transformation out completely.
If you transform someone into a carp they will, for all intents and purposes, be a carp. This therefore makes them unable to breathe air, have scales, etc, up until they die at which point their body will revert back to whatever it was before you transformed them.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 03:32:14 pm »

Sadly, you can't add a poison that does the second thing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 05:43:40 pm »

Sadly, you can't add a poison that does the second thing.
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:1000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:LUNG:ALL] should stop any creature with lungs from breathing. You could potentially add more categories by adding them onto the end if you had modded creatures without lungs ([CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:1000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:LUNG:ALL:BP:BY_CATEGORY:*lung category 1*:ALL:BP:BY_CATEGORY:*lung category 2*:ALL:*etc.*])
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 06:21:42 pm »

Then they won't breathe in water, either.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 08:02:49 pm »

Then I guess the only thing to do would be to make a duplicate of every single creature in existence with the [AQUATIC] token, and have a syndrome that specifically transformed each creature into it's aquatic counterpart. Massive amount of work, transformation glitch inducing, but still technically possible. :P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 08:45:36 pm »

You could write a script that would do it for you, but it would still take up a whole lot of space.

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike The Earth Until It Bleeds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 10:01:02 pm »

Then I guess the only thing to do would be to make a duplicate of every single creature in existence with the [AQUATIC] token, and have a syndrome that specifically transformed each creature into it's aquatic counterpart. Massive amount of work, transformation glitch inducing, but still technically possible. :P
Wait, wouldn't adding the [AQUATIC] token make the creature able to breathe water, but not air?  That's what the wiki says it does.  Isn't there a way to just add the token to the creature?
Violence, Fire, And Duct Tape Have One Thing In Common: If They're Not Solving The Problem, Then You Need To Use More!
Dwarf Fortress: Proving That Violence IS The Answer Since 2002.
And a thought occurs: if you made soap out of those poison demon squirrels, wouldn't it dissolve your flesh when used?  I THINK WE HAVE OUR NEXT EXPORT TO THE ELVEN KINGDOMS, GENTLEMEN!!!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 10:15:30 pm »

Only with a handful of tags.
Sig

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 11:00:24 pm »

Wait, wouldn't adding the [AQUATIC] token make the creature able to breathe water, but not air?  That's what the wiki says it does.  Isn't there a way to just add the token to the creature?

No, CE_ADD_TAG only has so many tags it can add.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 12:31:21 am »

The current list for which can be found here next to the IT_REQUIRES token.
Pages: 1 [2]