Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Body_transformation and CE_add_tag  (Read 2757 times)

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Body_transformation and CE_add_tag
« on: September 02, 2012, 07:43:06 am »

Afternoon everyone,

Just wanted to check with a sparklewizard as to why a lot of code that involves transformations has the ce_add_tag line under it that seems to add all the tags that the creature they are already transforming into possesses. Does the transforming creature not gain the tags/att gain otherwise, despite being transformed into that creature?

Thanks for any response!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Body_transformation and CE_add_tag
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 07:51:29 am »

No, it doesn't. Not from what I know anyway.

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 08:25:13 am »

Sorry to clarify - no it doesn't need them or no it doesn't gain the tags otherwise? Thanks for the response.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 08:30:08 am »

No it doesn't gain the tags otherwise.

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 08:40:03 am »

Alright thanks!  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 09:06:37 am »

Are you absolutely sure about this ?

Because non-pet creatures that are transformed into pets become "tame" and mobile creatures that are transformed into creatures with the immobile tag will become immobile. And those are not tags you could ce_add or ce_remove...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 09:13:59 am »

Are you absolutely sure about this ?

Because non-pet creatures that are transformed into pets become "tame" and mobile creatures that are transformed into creatures with the immobile tag will become immobile. And those are not tags you could ce_add or ce_remove...

hmmm...thinking of it I have given creatures that have transformed into a different creature new tags before by simply editing the creature entry in the files such as NO_SLEEP. The creature then seems to start using that tag as normal despite it not being given through an interaction.

I'll make a transformation interaction for a creature with no_stun, pain, etc. and see if it succumbs to those things in arena mode I think.

On another slightly different note do phys and ment attribute gains/losses need to be added in the same way with the transformation interaction or is it enough to have them in the 'host' creature? i.e. will it suddenly bulk up or become much more prone to depression if the 'host' creature is like that?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 09:14:24 am »

Wait, so if that first interaction were to be done in reverse, would the result be tamed? Or would I have to somehow tame them? I'm trying to find out something for the summoning system I plan, so I want to know if I could turn a pet creature into a non-pet megabeast and still have it tame and loyal to the civ.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 09:29:46 am »

Megabeast tags are ignored in fortress mode, and yes, it would still be friendly to your civ. You cant tranform/mod anything on the soul-system of the creature, the alignement will always stay. If you transform an invader into wildlife, it will be hostile wildlife, transform him into a pet, it will be a hostile pet.

I am fairly certain that the new creature has nothing to do with the old creatures stats and abilities (body & mind). It is a different creature after all.

I'm also trying to hunt down that myth of mutiple transformations, but couldnt reproduce it..
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 09:36:51 am »

Multiple transformations...hm, be useful for me if it was true. Multi-stage bosses! :D
Good, good, so I can get started on summoning.

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 09:50:31 am »

Are you talking about sequential body transformations? I've tested one by getting a dwarf turning into a wolf and then a cat and back into a dwarf if that's what your asking? Making the timer carry on straight after the end of the previous transformation got it to work with the creature reverting to its original form at the end of the last timer. Shame that other syndromes don't seem to carry over after the first transformation though.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 09:52:00 am »

....Multi-stage bosses here we come.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 09:59:00 am »

You can do multiple transformations one way:

The first transformation (creature2) ends upon death. So you can make something die, end the transformation that way, and the corpse turns back into "creature1 corpse" Then you animate it and transform it into creature3.

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 10:05:32 am »

I had a test interaction that went something like this:

[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
        [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:5]
            [CE:CREATURE:WOLF:MALE]
        [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:6:END:15]
            [CE:CREATURE:CAT:MALE]

Don't know if I'm missing something but it did make the arena creature go to wolf then cat before reverting back.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 10:12:38 am »

Yeah, that works as well... but cant really be used for anything, because both transformations come from the same syndrome. There is not a lot of practical use in Fortress mode for this.
Pages: [1] 2