Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Defending your horde.  (Read 3849 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Defending your horde.
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 04:11:47 pm »

An orc in a 10x10 room with a single chest.

One orc is hardly a horde.

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 04:30:34 pm »

My finished goods are just in a massive hollow hill, accessible only by a bridge, and guarding the bridge into the Fortress proper. I defend it by waiting until goblins touch the microcline courtyard, then triggering the lever. Gives me two or three gobbos to kill right away, and then seals up the fort. The Marksdwarves practice right above it, and have a guard tower, but the other soldiers are always running through there, too.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 04:40:36 pm »

I put a small storeroom with a artifact-only stockpile somewhere that has heavy traffic and usually near a barracks.

The fort entrance(s) have a mix of traps and also "cheep" detectors (birds pastured on a grate above the passage).  With roped dogs (or a fiercer guard animal further in as insurance.)

The kobolds usually get detected right off and simply run back out.  A few get further in and then are chased around by a barracks squad.  Now and then the marksdwarves pepper a few. 

The snatchers are usually gathered in by cage traps or their mangled bodies are found near the weapon traps.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart
Pages: 1 [2]