Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Knights of the Old Republic  (Read 1839 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Old Republic
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 12:03:29 pm »

So... is this going to degenerate to...

"KotOR 1 is best KotOR."
"You are wrong, KotOR 2 is best KotOR."
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Old Republic
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 12:12:12 pm »

I felt like KOTOR 2 really suffered from not knowing which ending to KOTOR 1 you picked and having Reven be an AFGNCAAP.  These are events that completely redefined the galaxy and you aren't told which way it was.  I feel like it undermines the notion of control since apparently it all turns out the same way regardless of what you do.

I really didn't understand Kreia's philosophy or why that was supposed to appeal.  I really, really didn't like the way they invented the concept of the player character being a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
to explain the leveling up phenomena.  Sure rpg leveling up is cliche but the last thing Star Wars needs is another bit of phlebotinum jammed in there.  It's not just that the camel's back broke, the phlebotinum piled up on that camel corpse is a freakin' tower to heaven.

Kreia was Obsidian examining the ridiculousness of the stark black/white good/evil divide of Lucas' universe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The force vampire thing is a really odd sticking point considering all the other stuff that's happened in the Star Wars cannon. Especially since Star Wars is basically nothing but phlebtonium. Seriously, the entire series and almost everything in it is stuff like this.
Pages: 1 [2]