Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ideas?  (Read 1686 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 03:44:18 am »

Build a giant pick on the surface, at an angle, so from a 3D perspective, it actually looks like it's striking the earth.   

How man z-levels it shall be depends on you. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 04:01:59 am »

Try a mod ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

nerdyboy321123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 05:05:01 pm »

Build a giant pick on the surface, at an angle, so from a 3D perspective, it actually looks like it's striking the earth.   

How man z-levels it shall be depends on you.

Ah, wonderful, going with this. Material preferences? Should I make the pick head metal with a wooden handle? And ballpark z-levels? like... 10, 25, 50?

Try a mod ;)

Already using genesis, played FD before my hiatus
how exactly did you weaponize cows into emissary-assassins without causing the expected loyalty cascade?

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 05:27:35 pm »

Make a giant cistern to pump full of water. Add levers to flood the caverns, the outside, the magma sea, AND your fortress. 25% chance of being destroyed by a single gremlin ain't bad!
My wooden badge was delicious.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 05:46:11 pm »

Use candy for the pick head and iron or platinum for the handle.

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 07:31:05 pm »

Make a giant dwarf astride your entrance, spitting magma down upon invaders elves
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 01:14:56 am »

Hmm, since you have no metal, I suppose the darkest stone you can find will be good for the pick.  Make the handle wood.

Although I'm surprised, you'd think that adamantine would be found underneath such a well established fortress.

If only you have copper.  Then you could make the biggest copper pick any of us have ever seen. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 [2]