Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Evil Overlord, Now Hiring  (Read 8580 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord, Now Hiring
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2012, 07:19:38 pm »

Navarre rested the spear on his shoulder, ears perked as well as they could under his slitted knight helm. He was actually surprised by the number of women who had looked for a job such as this. Navarre and a deathly pale old man inside a hooded black cloak - a necromancer - were the only men in the group, and the necromancer did not seem to be an insane old man like most of their kind were depicted.

The women seemed slightly different for that matter. Two of them still fulfilled traditional aspects of evil, except for the dwarven woman, who seemed well past her prime and kept smiling for no apparent reason, although her skills could have something to do with it. The other two were a self-proclaimed "seductress" who had red eyes, hair and a dress and looked much like a classical evil noblewoman, although her features indicated she could be around his age - you never know when dealing with people who deal with magic and daemonic powers - and a small woman in skimpy clothes with monsters by her side. After analyzing them, Navarre was left with the impression the elderly necromancer would certainly be better company than any of the women. At least he had the impression "Smear" was less insane than the rest.

"Well, as for my skills, I am good with spear and pike fighting and counterattacking both plain and sneak attacks, leading armies and, to a lesser extent, inspiring people to fight alongside me." he shrugged slightly, causing his full set of (stolen) plate armor to gleam dully under the light. His armor and weapons were extremely good but he felt they would still bring him trouble someday when the rightful owner came to retrieve them, although he did appreciate the fact he could be mistaken as a hero or neutral champion because of them. "I think I am not the best person to conduct negotiations or try persuasion."

Spoiler: Navarre Adhel's Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:24:55 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2012, 08:03:54 am »

"I think I'll bind some lesser wraiths for this, and have them panic random townsmen. The paladins should get distracted by hunting down these insignificant shadows, without alerting them to our presence."

Spoiler: Smear's status (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2012, 06:36:11 pm »

(*notes that there is only one actual action at this time*)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2012, 07:19:27 pm »

Navarre eyed the wall, as if peering in the distance behind the protective barrier of stone. "I guess it is enough talking, let us go there and check how the situation really is. Before this, I may have a request for making it easier to achieve success..."

Try to find or obtain a seal or sign of nobility/heroism from anyone in the castle to make possible negotiations within the settlement easier and then leave for the town of Fade, ahead of the rest if needed be.

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2012, 10:15:48 pm »

"Well, let's be swift, whatever we do."

Head out when allies are ready. No preparations necessary.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2012, 02:08:00 am »

Action: Search about the castle for a backup axe!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2012, 09:24:23 am »

Go to the least out-of-the-way graveyard on the path to the town (not the town's graveyard) and grab some lesser wraith minions able to panic the townspeople through their dreams.

Spoiler: Smear's status (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2012, 02:01:31 am »

Syrin collects 4 enough food for a week long trip, 2 gets a map from the cartographer that shows the main tourist attractions of the region of Fade, and  2 a nun disguise that probably wasn't made for actual monasteries. The tag on the inside says "Sexy Nun Costume; polyester 55% cotton 45%, hand-wash only".

Navarre  6 manages to find from one of the closets labeled LOOT & PLUNDER a seal of a high-ranked paladin. It looks like metal disk that is chamfered, with a rose and a sword engraved in it.

Navarre leaves for Fade,  5 and arrives on a hill next to it with little incident. Pillars of cooking fire smoke rise calmly on this windless day, while the townsfolk go about their lives. It is noon.

Maldavia  2 gets lost on the way there. Currently, Maldavia is near a stream that is alarmingly deep for its width, and cold, too. It is rocky. Nearby, a bear is lapping water out of the stream.

Tali  3 finds a woodcutter's axe. Heavy, and not balanced for fighting.

Smear  1 finds the spookiest, most obscurely situated, and least frequented graveyard he can and tries to raise wraith minions.   4 He successfully creates three ghosts.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2012, 03:24:18 am »

Maldavia gave an irritated sigh. If only bears were more receptive to speechcraft.

...or maybe they were? She'd never tried to recruit a bear before.

Tame bear.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2012, 11:43:43 am »

Head for fade not noticing that the nun costume does not work
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2012, 03:00:03 pm »

Navarre watched the small town from an advantange point, stopping only to look around and behind him and finding none of his companions. Figuring they'll eventually arrive and it is as good a time as any to start his mission, he lowered the visor of his helmet and moved down the hill with a firm stride, heading for the town right in front of him.

Start to perform the secret task given by the Dark Lord.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:08:37 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2012, 05:28:22 pm »

((Sorry, I'm going to drop this. I don't really feel up to an RTD with secret objectives right now, and I'll have more fun watching.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2012, 01:57:36 am »

((Bump for Dwarmin's action.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]