Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: On Reclaims.  (Read 4604 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: On Reclaims.
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 07:11:50 am »

I reclaim off and on.

There was on fort, for some reason that I just reclaiming, over and over agian. I think I lost like 300 dorfs to it. I made a post about it.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

HraTaika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 07:12:12 am »

Therefore I have begun to generate worlds with 10000 embark points.  I use less than 2000 for normal embarks, but should I decide to ever again try reclaiming I will at least be able to train and equip my seven-Dwarf force and give them a sizeable pack of war dogs.

I've been wondering this one too, I remember reclaiming back in the past and I had like.. fifty dwarves all armed to the teeth in order to clear the invasion that I had succumbed to.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 07:30:35 am »

Therefore I have begun to generate worlds with 10000 embark points.  I use less than 2000 for normal embarks, but should I decide to ever again try reclaiming I will at least be able to train and equip my seven-Dwarf force and give them a sizeable pack of war dogs.

I've been wondering this one too, I remember reclaiming back in the past and I had like.. fifty dwarves all armed to the teeth in order to clear the invasion that I had succumbed to.
This might actually be bug, now that I think about it. It doesnt seem like Toady to make a change to a feature of the game without it being either on the dev log, or especially in the change log.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 07:35:26 am »

This might actually be bug, now that I think about it. It doesnt seem like Toady to make a change to a feature of the game without it being either on the dev log, or especially in the change log.
I think that was an older version of the game, where the number of dwarves you got was proportional to the amount of wealth of the fortress you were trying to reclaim.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 07:37:58 am »

I think we all agree, that it used to exist. I think we're just fuzzy when and why it stopped.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 07:54:00 am »

I think we all agree, that it used to exist. I think we're just fuzzy when and why it stopped.
It used to exist, it was mentioned somewhere on these forums, I think it was a discontinued feature, other than what I've said, I don't know anything else :P

HraTaika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 09:03:14 am »

We're getting old huh?

Back to the topic though. Alas, I used to reclaim quite often after succumbing to sieges and what not, but nowadays, not that much mainly due to it's difficulty. More often than not, I keep the 'unspoiled backup-save' of amazing locations so that when everything goes to south I can start a new fortress in the same location.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 09:39:25 am »

I never reclaim. I just start over.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 11:57:38 am »

I hardly ever reclaim due to murderous ghosts, corpses, and having to unforbid everything manually. Really annoying.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2012, 08:49:25 am »

If you reclaim, does the reclaimed stuff count as imported, or as produced in your (new?) fort? Is the fort name always the same, no matter how many times you try to start over at a location?

Yea, I haven't reclaimed yet, mostly because I don't play forts for very long, haven't really yet succumbed to a siege (too easy to turtle, haven't played in evil areas or gotten necromancers yet), and a big reason for quitting is getting annoyed at some little problem, or sick of the layout.

I would reclaim, if the site was cool and the layout I've built was good. Availability of obsidian casting can help with redesigning (with natural rock) :P. I wouldn't care what's waiting for me - damn the odds!

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 08:59:10 am »

Is the fort name always the same, no matter how many times you try to start over at a location?
Yes.
Pages: 1 [2]