Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Nomnoms?

They be delicious ;v
Delicious nomnoms ;v

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play: Klingons!  (Read 7888 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 2!
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 04:26:19 am »

...To be honest, I don't see much difference from your previous one, other than the fact that the Klingons aren't a weak OPM. 

-War with everyone.  Check.

-Good narration.  Check.

-You will eventually crush everybody.  Check.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 06:51:47 am »

Unfortunately that's kind of the nature of BOTF.
I don't know if you've been reading my LP, but it's essentially those 3 things (hopefully the narration is good) as well.

Part of the problem is that the difficulty scale is a little unusual and, to be honest, not entirely obvious when playing. Plus the curve is off, "hard" is very much like normal and below, but "impossible" turns every single AI into a monstrous all-seeing all-invading death machine. Plus those AI's like to gang up on you for no reason other than they can.

Perhaps to make things interesting Haspen should consider scrapping his Romulans LP and restart at "impossible" difficulty to keep things interesting.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 12:48:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At last, we can build Charge Collectors. Almost all of our star systems have an arctic planet.

Another enemies we have!

Somewhat of a minor victory, but still a victory! We have conquered a human colony at Khitomer, and our forces are closing to the Sol system as I write!

On the way, our forces conquer another of Federation colonies. Combined Qa'chuj and PiH fleets are en route to Sol. In the meanwhile, something called Husnock Raider destroys outpost at El-Adrel.
At Bajor, 3-3-3 fleet is completed, as well as one at Antica. Both are under command of Commander Ukr, from the House of Jac. He shall destroy an outpost on Cardassian border, and then try to deal with Husnock ship.

Sol Outpost has been destroyed, but enemy ships warped away! No matter - now we siege the heart of Federation itself. It is heavily guarded with orbital platforms, so this might take a while.

Turn later, Commander Ukr fulfills his duty splendidly.

Just as Tactical College is built at Yadera, which shall be our primary shipyard, we are able to build strike cruisers. They are really glass cannons, not that effective actually.
Husnock warps to Qo'nos and swiftly eradicates the outpost there. Commander Ukr pursues the enemy.

Few turns later, Husnock gets away to Romulan space. Commander Ukr and his fleet(s) directed to Yridia, while Antica builds few transport. We shall use them to conquer those cowards!

Sol system has been conquered!
Now, just a minor colony of Humans is left. Few more weeks, and Federation will formally cease it's existence!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 01:59:52 pm »

If the only remaining Federation colony doesn't have dilithium, we should let them live. Make it into a zoo system where the humans can live out the rest of their pathetic existence.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2012, 09:54:58 am »

I don't believe there's a word for 'zoo' in Klingon dictionary :P

===

The last Federation system is about to fall. In the meanwhile, our fleet at Cardassian resistance found no resistance and is currently in orbit of Yridians homeworld.

As you can see, or newest Propulsion breakthrough brings us many things - refits of two ships as well as Hall of Warriors.

The orbital defenses of Yridia managed to destroy two May'Duj-class ships before they were overcome. At Qo'nos, the shipyards are producing few transports to re-establish our destroyed outposts, and at Antica, shipyards are producing transports for future occupation forces of Yridia!

Hahahaha! All warriors of the Empire celebrated this event with kegs of bloodwine and mass-slaughter of targs! One enemy has been destroyed, and there's three others waiting for us!
Nix, who was in command of the fleets that destroyed Federation, has been promoted to the rank of General, and has been given a seat on the High Council, allowing him to directly influence the decisions of the Empire.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:57:22 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 04:22:23 am »

:D

Hmm...who exactly are we at war with again, and how powerful are they individually? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 05:35:43 am »

Romulans: Large empire, true strength yet to be found out.
Ferengi: Second largest, obviously they have tons of money.
Cardassians: Poor guys are equivalent of Federation.
SigFlags!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play: Klingons!
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2012, 02:42:26 am »

Kill the Ferengi first.  They are cowards. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 2 [3]