Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Dwarven Race IV Dwarven Race IV Turn 8: Ramming speed?  (Read 19360 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Race IV Dwarven Race IV Turn 8: Ramming speed?
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2012, 04:19:37 am »

You as a player have four, your henchdwarves give one extra per dwarf.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2012, 01:07:33 pm »

Give Etur 5 kittens and tell him to exchange them for a barrel of booze - preferably champagne. The winners have to bathe in something after the race is over, don't we?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2012, 01:13:04 pm »

Boars! Boars! Boars are better than Eagles! Boars are MANLY, DELICIOUS, VICIOUS and UNPREDICTABLE. For the honor of the Boozerbear clan, we WILL win! AGGRESSIVE DRIVIIIING! My Hench-Dwarves will try and help by lobbing whatever useless supplies we have at our dreaded Eagle-riding nemesis! (Rocks, tankards, painful things)

Thanks for the cheering, however! Glorious! You have earned yourself a stalwart ally!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2012, 06:24:09 am »

"DANM IT BIRD! LAST CHANCE TO GET TO THE FINISH!!! I CAN SEE THEM AHEAD OF USSS!!! MOVE WITH ALL YOUR STRENTH AND 21 cats are yours for the taking! and a boar!!!!!!!
FULL FREAKING SPEED AHEAD!!!!
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2012, 07:58:43 am »

((@zomara: Wouldn't it be more logical just to put all these cats to work? I mean, I've got 22 healthy cats and an injured one in the harness, and I have 4 speed already.

On a side note, I have a strong gut feeling that tinkering with engines will, as a rule, allow the players to immediately give themselves extra speed; the reason the cat owners were the first to discover it is just because cat engines are upgrading themselves on the fly.

What do you say, Person? Is "you'll get speed upgrades for working on your engines" the message you wished to convey by giving me 2 speed so, if you will pardon the bluntness, unexpectedly?
Because I'm looking forward to our next race very much if this is correct. When your speed depends more on your rolls and imagination than on how expensive your engine is... well, let's just say everyone will have a fighting chance this way. Which will, in turn, let me use the full power of my build without getting pangs of conscience. :P))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2012, 09:03:28 am »

((I am guessing that switching out the engine will cause me to pause for a moment on a mid-roll, which I cant afford if I don't want last place.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2012, 03:10:19 pm »

Switch to aggressive and attempt to ram zomara
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:55:53 pm by antlion12 »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2012, 06:36:58 pm »

4 speed is about the maximum you can go with basic cats. Any more and it just improves the chances of the entire engine not dying when hit. There will of course be ways to upgrade other engines. For example, Caerwyn could put his boars on some sort of training regimen between races to improve their muscles. The whole thing is fairly free form, but the past games have never been able to complete 2 races in a row. I also guarantee that speed won't be the only thing that matters in the next race. :)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2012, 08:11:43 pm »

Of course not! BOARS AND BOOZE! All a dwarf needs! Speed is for weaklings! An unstoppable TANK is god-tier!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2012, 12:20:04 am »

"What is this..."
"I cannae get..."
"...Acker'sid boars!"

Use my angle of trajectory to slam into Caerwyn's cart, perhaps losing him traction in respect to mine! Sprint [Aggressive drive] towards the finishline!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2012, 04:20:30 am »

Caerwyn, I am afraid to say, I am doing tank better than you
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2012, 11:06:17 am »

I won't deny that. At all. But, maybe we could become pals? I'll be the "Bash and rough up everybody", and you be the "First place, all day, everyday" guy?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2012, 06:15:59 pm »

Oh by the way, I f I say replace my chasis with iron, do I get resale at all?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2012, 10:15:49 am »

Spoiler: Pastries! (click to show/hide)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2012, 10:25:06 am »

Spoiler: Pastries! (click to show/hide)

Raisins are the disgusting, filthy dropping from the Glorious King Grape. It is an INSULT to place them on a delicious, wholesome, delicate pastry!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]