Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stagnant Water not fixed  (Read 3483 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Stagnant Water not fixed
« on: May 19, 2012, 10:41:33 pm »

I genned a new world in 34.09, started a fort, and...

...there's a murky pool with a one-tile wall between it and the river, and the river is stagnant there. Anyone know why the bug isn't fixed here?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

ab00

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Computer!!
    • View Profile
Re: Stagnant Water not fixed
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 11:10:37 pm »

From what i've heard, it starts stagnent but becomes "canceled out" by the flowing water. Wait and see before giving a bug report.
Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 07:24:20 am »

Clean water essentially kills off stagnant water. Give it a few ticks before a bug report.

Jacko13

• Bay Watcher
  • Please Urist wear your masterwork steel armour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 04:12:45 am »

Apologies if this is a hijack ... Do screw pumps not clean anymore? My embark has no clean water even in the caverns.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 05:28:42 am »

Last I heard they do clean water, and you can use small pump loops to start a river or the like cleaning itself, though depending on the size you might need multiple water scrubbing points.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 07:45:26 am »

Yep.   :)  And you can even turn murky ponds permanently into clean water.  My ponds that dried out after having been made into clean water remained clean when they refilled during the next rainy season.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Jacko13

• Bay Watcher
  • Please Urist wear your masterwork steel armour
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 10:18:30 am »

Thanks!  Will go have another bash at this salt pools.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 01:00:37 pm »

I still haven't been able to beat the stagnant water problem. It's very frustrating--clean cistern, pump, and sooner or later the stuff goes stagnant. I'm pretty sure it happens whenever the bucket in the well stays filled long enough for the water to stagnate, and then infects the entire cistern when it's refilled by the next dwarf to use the well. At least, that's my theory.

Still using DfHack liquids tool to un-stagnate water. Looking forward to not having to use it. Someday... *sigh*

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 01:03:39 pm »

What game version are you using? The stagnant everything bug is only fixed in versions .34.08 onwards

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 10:15:54 pm »

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 06:45:13 pm »

I can confirm that in both 34.08 and 34.10 (didn't get time to even download 34.09 ;) ) rivers can start with some stagnant water, but by 10 Granite all the stagnant river water will have been changed back to normal.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 02:46:33 am »

The stagnant water fix is not that water will never go stagnant.
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 03:06:42 am »

Presence of Stagnant Water was never a bug to begin with, the bug was that stagnant water contaminated anything that touches it ( well touches the tile that held stagnant water from what I learned from the more intelligent people than me ) so now that reverse happens, as in fresh water removes the stagnancy of the water.. well it makes sense.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 03:38:29 am »

so could you, in theory, make all murky pools fresh by linking them together and to a river?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 01:43:42 pm »

so could you, in theory, make all murky pools fresh by linking them together and to a river?
And in practice. You'd just need to have your Dwarves dump clean water into the ponds with buckets.