Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Awesome, WTF, and Funny DF Moments?  (Read 3035 times)

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome, WTF, and Funny DF Moments?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 10:24:15 am »

I recruited a hunter into the marksdwarf squad seconds before a siege showed up.
I station the marksdwarves across the bridge.
Hunter decides not to hightail it there, but instead plant himself and fire at the troll that just appeared and charged him.
Good shot, planted a bronze bolt right into its gut.
Troll immediately pulls the bolt out and repeatedly stabs the hunter in the face with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWLE8_zoPRo&lc=z23tsvpbazqhsrqdeacdp432gvntv2tbjhtuvvil4mxw03c010c.1517232714689125

20:00 - 21:50 (or 21:00 - 21:50) I don't normally watch YouTube videos, but wanted to see how other people handled the necromancer towers. I was not disappointed with this clip x3
~When death smiles at you, just smile one back.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 03:18:38 pm »

Wait, there are steel coloss... What's the plural of colossus? Colossi?

Colossus are only made of bronze, unless you mod the raws. There are FBs that can be made of steel, and you better have some candy spears/pikes ready on some legendary warriors if you see one coming. Unless it's a blob made of steel, at that point you just pull the lever and seal the cave.
Is it wrong that I'm disappointed that there are not steel colossi by default? I've seen them on player streams and I always thought they were part of the base game. So my army has no challenges left in the world besides hell, angels, and Zombie whales/orcas/etc.? How disappointing.
they can easily be added into the game - though i never did much more modding than adding a maxage to goblins.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Nefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2018, 05:57:08 pm »

Wait, there are steel coloss... What's the plural of colossus? Colossi?

Colossus are only made of bronze, unless you mod the raws. There are FBs that can be made of steel, and you better have some candy spears/pikes ready on some legendary warriors if you see one coming. Unless it's a blob made of steel, at that point you just pull the lever and seal the cave.
Is it wrong that I'm disappointed that there are not steel colossi by default? I've seen them on player streams and I always thought they were part of the base game. So my army has no challenges left in the world besides hell, angels, and Zombie whales/orcas/etc.? How disappointing.
they can easily be added into the game - though i never did much more modding than adding a maxage to goblins.

Looking at the Bronze Colossus raws, i think you have to change the material in those lines to have colossuses made from other materials.

[TISSUE:BRONZE]
      [TISSUE_NAME:bronze:bronze]
      [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:BRONZE]

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:BRONZE]

and if you want to change the statue to be the same material.

[ITEMCORPSE:STATUE:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
Pages: 1 [2]