Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Should I atomsmash 40 dwarven children?  (Read 7985 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Should I atomsmash 40 dwarven children?
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2012, 11:46:38 am »

Ok so get a dwarf. Make it an angry dwarf. Kill it's pet, chuck its wife into a shark pit, whatever. Lock him in a room with a butchery and a baby. Babybone artifacts forever.

you really need to study more

1: there is only a chance of getting a fell mood, more likely is berserk, SRM or melancholy
2: noone gets more than one mood in a lifetime (might be wrong on this regarding fell moods)
Fell moods are a type of strange mood, not a type of insanity like the others you listed.

I did make 1 and 2, right? a dwarf gets one mood a lifetime. Is that including fey moods? I assume so. Furthermore, is it or is it not so that the chance to get a fell mood is much smaller than getting an insane, berserk or melancholic dwarf BEFORE they get the mood?

If the answer to question one is yes, and to question two is yes, I laugh

If question one is a no, I'm amazed, if question 2 is a no, good to know
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2012, 08:38:48 pm »

The trick to getting a fell or macabre mood is to have a dwarf very unhappy, but not unhappy enough to go insane.
This is problematic, because unless a large portion of your fortress in unhappy, you'll probably never see one of these moods.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2012, 05:34:30 am »

I used to use drowning room, then sell back all their stuff, but I got overrid of mittens and socks, so now I use the Atomsmasher™

Atomsmasher™ ? We do everything for your tranquility !

I don't build slabs, is that a problem ? I don't have any ghosts, for now...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]