Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. - Yes its been airing again  (Read 29829 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. [Mondays At 7pmEST]
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2010, 01:31:43 pm »

That could actually be character developpment. In a scooby doo flick.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2010, 05:21:06 pm »

40 more minutes.  :]

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2010, 05:37:00 pm »

This show is awesome. Seriously.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2010, 06:05:24 pm »

"I don't even know why I let you take this class," the hippie bug teacher says to the talking dog with a bag of Funions.

Also, I had my doubts about Lewis Black Mr. E before, but those notes were pretty impressive.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2010, 06:30:10 pm »

Yeah, when Shaggy coughed up another note it was hilarious.

Apparently, next episode is going to on the 22nd so we have awhile to wait.  At least it will have some fan moments I hear.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:32:57 am by ToonyMan »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. [Mondays at 7pmEST again!]
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2010, 05:36:19 pm »

New episodes starting up again!  This is supposedly an episode for the fans of the show especially.
Also, bump.

On double checking it seems the episode isn't premiering today for some reason.

Nevermind.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:39:51 pm by ToonyMan »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. [What is going on?!]
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2010, 06:44:23 pm »

Why youtube WHY!?!

This series is at least decent, and better then a lot of the other shows I've been watching lately, why remove it from your site?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. - Yes its been airing again
« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2011, 04:22:47 pm »

Well, important bump.

If you haven't heard episode 14 had finally aired on May 3rd, 2011.  Like a full seven months after episode 13, but I'm not complaining.  I've watched episode 14-21 now and they are all pretty great.  I have episode 22 downloaded and the season finale (episode 26) will be airing July 26th which is only six days away.  I plan to watch catch up before the finale airs so I can at least finish this awesome series with everybody else.  Maybe there will even be a season 2?!

Anyway, just wanted you all to know.  Its been awhile.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2011, 05:33:06 pm »

Wait, this.... This is actually a thing?

I was a Scooby-Doo fanboy as a kid. Seriously. When I was five, if I missed my 7:30 episode of Scooby Doo, regardless of if I had seen it before, there would be blood.

So now I am feeling an utter compulsion to wait until 7:30, then watch all the episodes in a marathon.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2011, 09:17:33 pm »

It's certainly better than the classic Scooby-Doo (which always seemed really dull to me), but it's still limited by the fact that it is Scooby-Doo, and so still only strikes me as OK. The best iteration of the franchise (at least for me) would probably be "A pup named scooby doo", which was still the same at it's core, but it had that early 90s feel, which made all the difference, even with the "younger version" cliche.

edit: I seem to have gone out on a tangent, but there it is. I'm not changing it now.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:44:16 pm by Lagslayer »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 21, 2011, 11:57:58 am »

Has anyone else noticed that the show apparently exists in a super mecha anime universe? In terms of laws of reality? Whenever some yahoo builds a robot that would change the face of modern warfare forever just to rob a small bank or something, I used to say "what bullshit!" Then Fred made everyone wear the sentai racing suits and it kind of clicked: The people making this show would rather be trying to make a new gundam season right now.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2012, 07:15:28 am »

Bumping this as I started watching it.

Fred's "Daphne! I'm not a guy anymore!" made me laugh out loud. Also the blood juice blood spilled on Fred's shirt in the vampire episode. Basically Fred in general is hilarious.

I always liked Scooby Doo as a kid since it was rather whimsical with its monsters. They were always fun and scary (for a kid who got terrified by everything) without feeling at all threatening. In this iteration... the lack of villains feeling threatening is probably a weakness. I keep wanting the villains to feel more like say, Batman villains, which are about the same level of goofiness but are also actually malicious. Another nitpick is that the constant in-group drama gets dull when the characters don't have all that much depth (though they're a hell of a lot deeper than the original cartoons). If they fleshed out the characters with a few more personality traits each, I'd probably like that aspect a lot better.

All in all I say it's a definite step up from the old cartoons and also definitely worth watching. I'm about halfway through the first season and am pretty certain I'll finish it. New episodes are airing for the second season (episodes 27+), aren't they?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2012, 03:48:12 pm »

Yep the second season is airing now.

My Scooby Doo group still have 2 episodes of the first season left though.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2012, 09:01:50 pm »

Just watched the Scooby dream episode, with the mystery solvers competition. My face was pretty much constantly contorted into a WTF expression. All these references to cartoons I never watched but know exist meant I knew there were tons of jokes flying waaaay over my head.

This is definitely a show for Hanna Barbara fans. I feel rather out of the loop when watching it :X
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]