Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Foul Murder.  (Read 1231 times)

Slackratchet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Foul Murder.
« on: May 10, 2012, 01:13:46 pm »

For the first time I deliberately killed one of my own dwarves. In the past I may well have made poor choices that killed someone but this was premeditated. I drafted the poor fellow into a squad of 1 and stationed him over the vertical spike traps. See the guy was a Weaver and in the last battle, of which he was not in a military squad of any capacity, he seems to have lost both his hands. So yea, not much of useful Weaver anymore and honestly that's fine. The problem with him was his constant attempts to pick things up and the rather frequent messages I got about him not being able to pick things up. In short, he annoyed me to death.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Foul Murder.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 01:36:09 pm »

poor guy. was supposed to be fixed, though I guess he'd have gone mad from not being able to put on clothes in the end anyway
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 01:37:15 pm »

Give in to the dark impulses. they are your friend
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Slackratchet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 01:50:54 pm »

Yeah, the clothing he had left were a ratty sock, an old hat, and a mess of a cape.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 02:06:22 pm »

Welcome to the dark side. Make yourself at home, introduce yourself around and get to know everyone. There is coffee and cookies on the table at the back of the room. We'll be slaughtering kittens at 7.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 02:08:47 pm »

Foul murder, or justified execution.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 02:12:21 pm »

euthenasia
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 02:12:42 pm »

this guy couldn't eat, drink, clothe or clean himself, or do anything constructive. What is more, there was nothing you could do to help him. The term mercy killing wasn't invented the last few years you know, it's ancient

that souldn't make it the first option though

a one legged, one handed legendary soldier is a very good drill sargeant for new recruits
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 02:14:33 pm by Garath »
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 02:34:14 pm »

Will getting dumped into the caverns with no access to things to pick up still generate "can't pick up" spam?

"Cavern Explorer" is my favorite Useless Dorf skill.  (Especially for vampires since you don't even need to periodically dump food/drink for them.)

Welcome to the dark side. Make yourself at home, introduce yourself around and get to know everyone. There is coffee and cookies on the table at the back of the room. We'll be slaughtering kittens at 7.

Also, this.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 02:35:32 pm »

Will getting dumped into the caverns with no access to things to pick up still generate "can't pick up" spam?

"Cavern Explorer" is my favorite Useless Dorf skill.  (Especially for vampires since you don't even need to periodically dump food/drink for them.)

Also, this.

yeah, "item inaccessible"

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 02:36:30 pm »

Dropping such dwarfs into open magma pits is a quick way to locate candy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 02:38:53 pm »

Dropping such dwarfs into open magma pits is a quick way to locate candy.
Deep sea industrial accidents

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 02:44:05 pm »

i forgot who's sig it was:
dwarven scouting abilities while falling through magma:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!
Oooh, Candy!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 02:59:06 pm »

Wasn't that about throwing a dwarf down a volcano to see how deep it was? Pretty sure I remember that quote ahaha.
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30