Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Supreme Commander  (Read 3699 times)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
Re: Supreme Commander
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 06:23:16 am »

SupCom you say? Great game, how many here have FA expansion? Thats what Supcom 2 should have been like IMO. The basics were good, just refinement was needed. At least theres FA.
Is someone going to play online?
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 06:41:34 am »

I wasn't going to suggest it, considering that's what killed the last thread ;).

I just finished the last UEF mission, normal difficulty. The secret to winning is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I took the island by spamming 10 nukes at once. They apparently only had 4 anti-nukes. ^_^

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 06:49:05 am »

For me, on normal difficulty, the secret was to hold off the experimentals using T3 units and taking chunks off the base and slower experimentals using artillery. I was playing as the Cybrans and, if I recall correctly, they had an experimental artillery which could fire in rapid succession as long as you had enough power. Build enough power generators and you can supply 2-3 of those things. Nothing gets close ^^

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 07:10:13 am »

I don't have a preferred strategy but I like to do stupid thing and troll the enemy, like building mini air bases across all the map, building only cheapo aircraft and using them both for defence and to nag the enemy..

those kind of stunt tend to fail spectacularly or won impossibly, but are fun either way

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 12:58:56 pm »

Love the game, still play it from time to time with a friend or two.
The massive scale of some maps, large variety of units and the cheaper ones still being useful throughout the game is probably my favourite parts.

Didn't like the sequel, it's a decent game I guess. Or it would be if it weren't supposed to be SupCom 2.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 03:25:19 pm »

The cybran finale was comparatively simple. (Finished it a lot faster, 1.5 hours compared to like 2.5)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 08:52:40 pm »

Didn't like the sequel, it's a decent game I guess. Or it would be if it weren't supposed to be SupCom 2.

Yeah, its the Jagged Alliance: Back in Action of the Supreme Commander series, the sequel that should have been named something different.
Pages: 1 [2]