Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The best tileset?  (Read 6591 times)

Naraceaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The best tileset?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 06:55:02 pm »

deathworks he asked a clear question, and you're not answering it, oh btw, mine is CLA

Yeah sorry my internet has been really buggy

Hi!

I am not really sure what you are interested in finding out. The graphics used in Dwarf Fortress are mainly an aspect of personal preference and personal perception, so one person's recommendation may be the nightmare for the next one. I think you would be better off trying to find out which tilesets are there and ask for people to preferably show maps in the map archive featuring those tilesets (IIRC, the map archive preserves the graphics used) so you can see for yourself whether you like the tileset in action.

Yours,
Deathworks

This is really a starting point, I plan to try them all and this thread was for me to pick which one I try first

Thanks guys

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 11:27:59 pm »

I use Ironhand's, myself.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 11:51:00 pm »

I've tried Curses (ascii), Ironhand, and Phoebus.

Phoebus was more curved than Ironhand, Ironhand more square.  And they both made the medical dwarf look like a little Pope for some reason.

I've stuck with Curses because it's more compact than the 16x16 tilesets, so I can get more tiles on the screen.  If you had better eyes than me, and a bigger monitor, that might not be an issue for you.

Seriously though, I thought I had a religious leader when I saw Mini-Pope.  Mini-Pope for Mayor!

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 03:26:26 pm »

I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.
Pages: 1 [2]