Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Lords and Kings 2 (OOC)  (Read 32429 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Lords and Kings 2 (OOC)
« Reply #390 on: April 09, 2012, 01:23:30 pm »

Is this still alive?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #391 on: April 09, 2012, 01:51:39 pm »

wow that took forever, yeah no sorry, I realized a fatal flaw in my system.  The flaw being I thought I could get away with not paying attention, but since I control population when the person runs out of influence, I couldn't keep track of all 9 player's lands of what's been used for what and what it hasn't been used for.  Too many players.  I suggest you blame Talvara and his sprites for that.

I can make a world builder easy.  But I couldn't figure out a way to use all that the world builder gives without making the game either way to complicated, or pointlessly simple.

other things I did wrong:
Didn't start you off with knowing what was in your surrounding lands. (poor poor evil)
Probably other things but I can't remember them all.

I think if I ever do this again, the most I could handle is 1 maybe 2 kingdoms, with the other kingdoms being run by other people, and me just kinda overlording the place.  But that would require it's own forum (to not prevent but at least diminish metagaming) and for me to finish the new world gen parameter's (I stopped after doing plants and before doing aquatic plants, but added climate, and seasons, and all that good stuff, but still have to do metals, animals, etc) then figure out a way to simplify production.  I was thinking you built a specific building say a lumberyard over a spot, and it would just harvest all the lumber from that spot (maybe it's surrounding area?) and your peasants would just constantly do there job lowering the burden of deciding what they do on me, and the need for high charm to make any progress.  But I sorta lost interest a while ago, but now that someone's actually asked about it I feel special so now my interest is piqued. 

If you have any ideas on how to make this game even remotely managable Leave a comment on the newest versions page.

Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 25, 2012, 10:21:18 am »

can i join?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 25, 2012, 10:49:19 am »

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 25, 2012, 11:35:42 am »

can i join?
This one is dead too.

yeah sadly, I do hope weasels finishes the game side to his world builder at some point ;) hint hint nudge nudge

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 25, 2012, 12:08:06 pm »

can i join?
This one is dead too.

yeah sadly, I do hope weasels finishes the game side to his world builder at some point ;) hint hint nudge nudge

even if I did I wouldn't be able to roll for more then one player, and were's the fun in that?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 25, 2012, 12:28:25 pm »

can i join?
This one is dead too.

even if I did I wouldn't be able to roll for more then one player, and were's the fun in that?
Suggestion game ?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 25, 2012, 12:50:40 pm »

can i join?
This one is dead too.

Suggestion game ?

eeeeeeeh, there wouldn't be any like trade or espionage, or character interaction.  Not that there was any in this one, I mean azthor did attack evil but we never saw how that played out.  If we did it so there were 4/3/2 races and each race had a GM and the gm just rolled for their race, then it would be possible, maybe.

Also I still haven't worked out how jobs and influence would work in a industry only environment, how stuff like spice is used up and what it does, same with furs, clothing in general, scented oils, high quality wood, etc etc

obviously some of this would be added to wealth, but some stuff like scented oils would be used up, same with sugar, spices, candles, even clothing.  Not to mention tracking when food goes bad.

There is a reason why I haven't worked on this for a while.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 25, 2012, 02:56:10 pm »

It seems my little secret is out of the bag  ;D

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 25, 2012, 03:08:46 pm »

Everyone knew, except for evil.. poor poor evil.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 25, 2012, 03:50:43 pm »

Everyone knew, except for evil.. poor poor evil.

Everyone suspected, alas only three, including the both of us, truly knew.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 08, 2012, 11:53:58 am »

(... Chrome playied a trick on me, excuse me for the bump; this post was supposed to go into another thread))
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:55:46 am by Azthor »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]